Rib recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

The Smokin J Ranch

Original poster
Jun 13, 2021
Hey all, new the the forum. Just got a smoker and picked up some St. Louis style ribs to try it out. Thot I’d ask how to find an awesome dry rub recipe??

Welcome to SMF.

This is one of chef jimmyj chef jimmyj rub recipes.
It's great on pork and chicken. Plus, it's fully tweakable to your liking.

Mild Bubba Q Rub (All Purpose, Kid Friendly)

1/2C Sugar in the Raw (Turbinado)
2T Sweet Paprika (Hungarian)
1T Kosher Salt
1T Chili Powder* (contains some Cumin and Oregano) Ancho Chile is same without cumin, oregano etc.
1T Granulated Garlic
1T Granulated Onion
2tsp Black Pepper, more if you like
1/2tsp Grnd Allspice

For more heat add Cayenne or Chipotle Pwd to taste, start with 1/2tsp and go from there. Makes about 1 Cup

Welcome to SMF!
There are a ton of rib rub recipes on here.
I would start out with something simple, then you can add to that.
Lately I have just been putting a bit of salt & cracked black pepper on my ribs.
Then while they smoke I mop with a combo of Apple cider vinegar, bbq sauce, & brown sugar about every 45 minutes.
Al

this is one i use lots, Memphis style. 1/4cup paprika, 1 tbsp brownsugar, 1 tbsp white sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon each of celery salt, black pepper, cayenne, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder. i usually put rub on day before and let sit over night in fridge. sometime i use this if i want something different, porketta style. 1/4 cup salt, 1/4 cup black pepper, 1/4 fennel seed, 2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1 cup dill weed.

Welcome from Indiana!
I've been using this for around 3 years for Pork and Chicken. I keep thinking about trying something different but keep using it.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika (Hungarian preferably)
2 tb kosher salt
2 tb course black pepper
2 tb garlic powder
2 tb onion powder
1/2 tb cayenne (bump it up if you like heat)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky