Rib experiment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Oven cooked, too late to fire up the smoker.

Took some babybacks and an Old El Paso taco seasoning kit.

Brushed the ribs with the taco sauce, then rubbed with the taco seasoning packet and some coarse ground black pepper.

In the oven at 225 until done.
We'll see if i ruined a rack or not.

Probably going to be better than you think.

One of the better racks of ribs I've had were done in an oven.The only smoke flavor really only came from a tsp of smoked paprika.The sauce was made of RC cola, Melindas habenero ketchup and a splash of JD,simmered.

Reactions: bill ace 350
Naw you got this, it's really hard to mess something up that it's not worth eating imo. sometimes it's better than others lol

Look forward to your thoughts on these! But betting on not being bad

Ryan

The taco sauce is not high in sugars is it? If so, they might darken easier. And if there is vinegar in the mix, that might be a good thing.

So, they weren't bad at all. could have used more seasoning. i only used half of the packet.

i might try them again, but next time come up with a spicy sauce.

Not a total failure anyway

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky