Rib day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
Do to a lot of sales at my local grocery store over the past few months i got an over abundance of ribs. So since i had a day off i decided to smoke one of them up.
Made up my one rub, only 2 ingredients. I love the KISS method.
brown sugar and cayenne.
DSCF3642.JPG

i wish i would have measured the ingredients. ( bad Brad) because the ratio of heat to sweet was just about perfect. oh well, lets continue.
The rub on the ribs
DSCF3644.JPG

In to the smoker they go with jack Daniels pellets, 3 hours later I got this.
DSCF3645.JPG

I was ready to wrap, i realized i was out of my usual go to liquid ( apple cider vinegar) ok don't panic surprises are part of cooking. so to the cabinet i go, and what do i find, no not ACV, but red wine vinegar. so take it out with the foil to the smoker to pull the ribs out, after i bulled one out to wrap it my eyes cought site of the drip pan liquid, and thought that would be good to add as well. so back into the house to get the baster. to put in foil.
DSCF3648.JPG

then back into smoker for another two hours. with about 40 minutes left it was time to start the side dish sauteed cucumber with pasta sauce and shredded parm.
DSCF3649.JPG
DSCF3650.JPG

The ribs come out an unwrapped.
DSCF3651.JPG

the back of them.
DSCF3653.JPG

the full dish
DSCF3654.JPG

there we have it. nice smoked ribs.

Nice looking plate! Love the kiss method, been a long time since I heard it

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky