Reverse Seared Boneless leg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
This cook i decided to break down the leg into 3 pieces. One is thinner for the wife who like her red meat more well than I. I like it nice and red a touch past rare to medium rare and she wont touch that...

I soaked garlic, rosemary , thyme, marjoram salt and pepper in EVOO over night and rubbbed the lamb down this morning after the breakdown.

the cook plan is smoke at 180 till about 110-120 ish or so. then sear it real hot on the gasser for some lines and char.

this is the start of things. more to come this afternoon.

IMG_5162.JPG

One hour in the temps is rising faster than I wanted but it is what it is. I was hoping for 3 hours on smoke but looks like it will be more like two. Coloring up nicely :)
IMG_5163.JPG

I am pretty happy with the end product. Doneness was about what I was shooting for. flavor was on point. May have arguably been the best one yet, but I can likely learn an improve for the next one.
IMG_5165.JPG
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5167.JPG

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky