Reverse Sear Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Definitely made the mistake of not looking at which way the grain was running before I rubbed it. This first cut wasn’t perfect - I was trying to cut the two directions of the grain to slice against it. I did cut against it pretty much every cut after this one. Thankfully didn’t adversely impact the meat, still super tender!
And the small point runs opposite the larger end. Tri Tip is pretty forgiving though. I also like to smoke mine then take up to about 138 with the sear. Still very juicy, and pink color; seems different than other cuts in that regard.

And the small point runs opposite the larger end. Tri Tip is pretty forgiving though. I also like to smoke mine then take up to about 138 with the sear. Still very juicy, and pink color; seems different than other cuts in that regard.
Yeah, I was trying to do this cut, didn’t get that first one in exactly in the right spot!

Reactions: Cody_Mack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky