reverse flow smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trueoutlaw

Original poster
Aug 31, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm building a smoker out of a 55 gallon parts drum. And was thinking about insulating it from the outside using Construction lumber does anyone know is that will hold up well?

If the lumber touches the drum, it could get really hot and burn...  Not exactly sure what your ideas are.....   Dave

It might work if you built in an air gap for insulation or something like that....   I'd hate to see all your work go up in "unwanted" smoke....   Dave

I was thinking that or thin fire resistant insulation then the wood. I still have time to mow it over considering I just have the face frame of the firebox done. Is figure it might work considering smoke houses.

Use bolts to attach the barrel and put spacers between the barrel and smoker
use maybe larger nuts for the spacers
Just a thought

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky