reverse flow from the back?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrbeer

Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
BC Canada
We are starting on the first build, got the door cut out and are getting ready to either build a fire box or use a propane tank we have. Has anyone ever attached a tank to the back side of the cooking tank? is there any issue with this theory? I am hoping to use charcoal and wood chips as smoking woods are not easily available in this area. ( short of buying them online ) The thought was it would be easier to maintain a constant temp with a long fire at the back of the long 200+ gal. cook chamber.

any input would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

Bump

Hopefully some one will be along to help.

I have seen it done with good results, but do not have first hand experience with it done this way.

I dont have any experiance with the box in the back but I just finished one with the firebox in the center, underneath and it works fantastic, and very efficient

Arent The Good One smokers kinda like this (except one in pic has fire box up front)?

bd5a1fed_good-oneopenrange.jpg

The Good ones seem to get pretty good remarks from the folks I have heard talk about using them. 

Not sure it would be so much of a RF but more of a tuning plate design. No matter, it should work pretty decent.

I'm like sqwib, I have no personal experience with them so I can only speculate. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky