Resteraunt Depot Prime meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lambo-az

Original poster
Oct 11, 2020
Hey everyone.

Yesterday by chance I found myself near a Restaurant Depot, which is a restaurant supplier, that sells in bulk. I went in on a whim, since I don't have a restaurant, and they are open to the public during this pandemic.

What this means is, prime cuts of brisket, steaks, etc are available to the general public from them. I am rather new to smoking and haven't gone down the brisket road yet, but when I do, I'll be getting the best cut I can to increase my chances of it being edible LOL.

I don't know where they have locations but I figured I'd share, so if anyone has one and wants to get prime cuts they can't get almost anywhere else, they can find em there.

Reactions: Aledavidov
When I can I go to the one in Denver. The cold room for meat is amazing.
z59WCrt.jpg
CuZ58bv.jpg
6Wd90gr.jpg
Oh, and don't forget to pick up some sauce. :emoji_laughing:
ggZCgSr.jpg

Yes!! I had never been, and I was thoroughly impressed with their meat room. And the 5 gallon buckets of sauce. 😁

Hey everyone.
. I went in on a whim, since I don't have a restaurant, and they are open to the public during this pandemic.

I'm not sure this is the case everywhere, not here in CT as far as I can tell. I've been a couple times as my GF has a card though her work. Might want to check before you go - might be a state by state thing. But yeah, they have some good stuff, just beware not everything is a good deal ;)

Good call! They said on their Website that they would be open to the public to help people get the stuff they need ( And help their bottom line, with restaurants closed ) but that may not hold true everywhere.

Helpful tip...Bring a coat. I use the RD in KC for my event purchases and their walk-in "cooler(understatement)" is damn cold and damn big. You're gonna want a coat and maybe some gloves lol.

I will point out, while RD prices are generally pretty good, and obviously it has it's benefits of them having bulk stock at any given point; I have found at times better prices at my local small chain grocery. They don't usually have the amount I need, but their prices can be close and occasionally lower than RD.

I thought Costco had bulk size bbq sauce but not no 5 gallon bucket size! Nice looking selection of meats

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Yup the old saying buyer beware. We don't have a RD or Costco but a Sam's club and you have to watch the prices very close. Some things you can find cheaper in Walmart or local chain stores.

Warren

Anyone just thinking they will just show up to RRD without being a member better call them first. Yes you can go to look around i know that. In Fl, no card no buy.
Yes i have a RRD card

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Price check please. Costco has prime brisket @ $3.49/lb consistently.

I find that regular food market ads differ from state to state. So check before you go. members post sales on here that don't always apply to my area.

Warren

Actually $3.19. Business Costco in Hayward, Ca.

I picked the best one, Decent selection. Also had choice but wanted prime.
That's looks like a blowout piece though, be careful it's not bad, packed on and sell by same day means the meat or product is close to expiring typically. Honestly one of the most expensive undersold pieces of beef is brisket, Costco turns a lot into ground beef because there's not a lot you can do with brisket and since they don't move a lot they grind a lot. There was a time when Costco around here pretty much stopped carrying brisket cuz it was such a slow seller and expensive hamburger lol

That's looks like a blowout piece though, be careful it's not bad, packed on and sell by same day means the meat or product is close to expiring typically. Honestly one of the most expensive undersold pieces of beef is brisket, Costco turns a lot into ground beef because there's not a lot you can do with brisket and since they don't move a lot they grind a lot. There was a time when Costco around here pretty much stopped carrying brisket cuz it was such a slow seller and expensive hamburger lol

I am pretty confident it will be good to smoke Tuesday. I did order a Wagyu one for delivery in December.

Reactions: 3-2-1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky