Restaurant search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Monty,
It's been 15 months since we opened. <wow time flies by quickley> It's the busy season for you comming us as well. Keep up the good work and keep those roads safe and in case nobody told you this "Thank You" for doing a great job.

Handshake,

Joe

Thanks, Joe!

I'll pass your message on to all my brothers and sisters in orange!

Wow! Fifteen months! Great going!

Looking forward to my "change of circumstances". October 16th is THE day! We will visit you after Vermont thaws out next spring!

Cheers!

Wow, the 16th eh ... That should be a major change and for the better no doubt! I think a CONGRATULATIONS is in order.. Does Vermont really thaw out in the spring? I suppose that's why Vermont has great maple syrup! those cool nights in the spring and warm days makes for good tapping.. 15 months the 11th <this saturday> I think i had 2 days off perhaps 3 at most. It's worth it and we are becomming a destination rather than a place of curiousity. Folks drive from Ct, Maine and NH to come here so We got to be doing something right. :)

Cheers,
Joe

Sorry guys and gals... It's been a while and I should be slapped on the wrist.. The economy is down and been working way too much. also some health issuses I had to deal with the past few months. For example ... Had a sleep study done and learned I have sleep apnea so now I have to wear a mask when I go to bed, I also had hernia surgey <not much there either> stil recoverng from that one. and one last thing .. had a very bad ear infection.. went to my Dr's one day got a script... next day my face around the ear was swollen went back to the dr and they put me on other meds the infection spread and was in the ER that night, they put a wick in my ear and new meds .. next day the wick fell out and had to go back to the ER to have another one put in ... My wife said it's natures way of tell me to slow down, I'm only 2 week pre-op hernia surgery and couldn't have it repaired until my sons broken arm healed <he runs the kitchen at night> so I put the surgery off until he came back to work. I was covering his shift as well ... sooooo the good news is in 3 months or so I'm going to be a grandfarther for the 1st time... other than that .. not much going on .. :)

Cheers

Smoken Joe

WOW! Sure sounds like you have a plateful, Brother!

Been quite bizzy on my end, too. But fortunately without any medical drama.

Sheep are fine and looks like we will have lambs by October then get started on another batch for May. Chickens are due to come into lay middle of September and of course there is so much to do here it is incredible.

I am sure that a lot of folks would have liked to respond to your last post but most likely they couldn't. Seems for a bit we could not post to stickies.

So, now that I am getting back into the swing of things the first thing I did was start making headaches for Brian. He has fixed the problem and I sincerely hope that all the good folks following your progress can now reply.

So, take care and get you and your family healed up and we're looking for nothing but good news but appreciate sharing the not so good.

Best Wishes,
Good Luck,
and
Cheers!

Is sleep apnea why you shaved your beard? My bride and I ate at Smoken' Joes last Tuesday afternoon and saw you there. You were sittin at the bar talking to a younger guy with a long ponytail. We enjoyed our lunch and continued on for a nice day.

By the way if you use a nasal mask, you don't have to shave your beard. I use one and have a beard!

It's also a my new summer look .. why didn't you come over and say Hi? I am a mouth breather when I sleep .. I am amazed at how many folks do have sleep apnea ..

Joe

Richard, As always it was great to see you. Yo going to post the pics of your new toys?

Joe

Joe good to see you around hope all is going well

Good to hear from you Joe, hopefully recovery is final!

So have you changed up anything at the restaurant? Just wondered if you still have your basics that you started with!

Joe,

I just spent over 2 hours glued to my monitor reading what looks like the name for a good novel. Starting a Restaurant, the trials tributation of going to hell and back. I almost wonder if you should write a book or something other than this forum to warn/help those that are still treading in the shallow water and have not yet traveled to the deep end of red tape.
Again WOW, I don't think I have been that glue to anything on the Internet in a long time.
Conrats on the business, wish you the best, and you have reaffirmed the most valuable lesson you can have in life. If your heart is not 100% into something, don't do it.
Hey now that you are into your 3rd year......how do I get a T shirt or Hat to advertise here in Colorado?

Great story, Thanks again

Yes Joe...It was great to get together again...It's always a pleasure ...Will have to get back up there again soon....
Ok Here are some pics of the new toys..

Old bike I traded in..

New bike...

And the new smoker...Traeger 075

First try with it...3 racks of BB's

came out great..

The traeger is working out just fine...really like it...

Joe..take care...will be in touch ...
Stay well my friend.

Hey Richard, Great to see you again also. NICE new toys you have there . We'll have to get together again soon.

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky