Restaurant Depot Questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ive been looking forward to my visit to the Lombard location all week. Planning on getting a few butts, a few slabs of bb's, and alot of other stuff... gotta spend $100 to use the $25 off coupon.
icon_smile.gif

I wish I could drop that much. gotta stick to a budget.

I also need some lump charcoal, strawberries, and maybe some Mexican Coke.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Now that there is funny. Maybe call it 'Rib Explosion' and call it your invention!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

thanks.

Just goofin around, you wont see me buying prebaked/sauced ribs(or making any ribs in an oven,
icon_smile.gif

Best of luck on your new venture - Hope you still have time for the SMF. Dude tells me you're a huge proponent of the WSM - am going to look at one today or tomorrow. Big price difference between that and a Traeger Texas - will also have to decide on the 18.5 or 22 incher. Am leaning to the 22 even though it's just my bride and me. The kids and their families are close by (within a 30 minute drive) and I'm sensing if I get the hang of it (Dude assures me I will) we'll have frequent company to enjoy the smokes.

Except for golf, I've never done anything so habit forming. Gotta love it!

thanks, always gonna have time for SMF, not gonna start doing anything til May or June at the earliest.

Im a big fan of the WSM, just my opinion, but I think it is the best smoker out there. I got the 18.5". and am saving my money right now to get a 22" this spring just for the catering. From what I have been told the 22" is a little bit of a fuel hog compared to the 18.5", but the added capacity makes up for that.

good luck with your purchase of the WSM.

The thought never crossed my mind and I hope your biz takes off for ya.

thanks... anything I can make is better than working any more hours a week for someone else(gonna be keeping the day job).
icon_smile.gif

holy shiznit......

RD is awesome, I could have spent a few hours, and a few hundred dollars there easily.

highlights.. whoal goats and almbs for sale

BB's for $2.44/lb. got 9 lbs....

bone in pork butts for $1.08/lb got 17 lbs...

8-12 shrimp 2# bags for $16.00

17.6# bags of Royal Oak lump for $8.00

Im smoking all this this weekend. posts to follow.

I told you you'd like it!!!
4 miles from me.... it makes every trip there totally worth it for what ever I buy!!

BOY THAT SOUNDS LIKE MY KIND OF PLACE....TOO BAD i DON'T HAVE SOME KIND OF FOOD LISENCE......!!!

I LIVE ABOUT 1-1/2 MILES FROM THE ONE "CHISOXJIM" WAS PLANNING ON GOING TO HERE IN LOMBARD.

JUST MY LUCK !!!

RICK

the test for me will be how this meat and shrimp smoke up. Im not anticipating any issues

the pork isn't enhanced so thats the most important thing for me. Butts have a nice fat cap. Probably going to do both tonight & based on my cold weather butt smokes anticipate a 16 hour smoke. Looks like an all nighter is in the cards. Ill inject & rub them down in a few hours for a stint back in the fridge

BB's are for supper tonight basic rub and smoke for those 3 slabs.

the 8-12 shrimp Ill probably do most as an appetizer, and maybe one each of these monsters for each bowl of gumbo as a garnish.

The local restaurant supply store here will sell to anybody who walks in. The only difference is, if you are a member, you dont pay sales tax. And as far as ive been able to tell, they just ask you at checkout. Ive never seen anyone provide a card.

I payed sales tax on everything yestersday, since it was for personal use, not resale.

probably the coolest part was the cold room where all the meat & produce was. They had whole goats, and lambs, and every cut of pork and beef you could want.

Pork butts by the case wer under a dollar per lb. there was also cases of fresh chickens, chicken wings, etc. the non case price was only maybe 10-15 cents per lb. higher than the case price.

I also thought the cold room was the coolest.

I did not see the whole goats though.

How about the large cuts of beef!

Thanks for the tip about the 25 coupon, I got our new 2010 license yesterday from the office and will be stopping by the Lombard store sometime this week.

the goats and lambs were on a rack marked Halal meat(I think the muslim equivilent of kosher). opposite the cases of ribs.

glad i could help, $25 is a nice discount.

Got a new box freezer yesterday, so a visit to RD is in the cards for Saturday, probably going to stock up on some butts, bb's, and maybe some crab legs.

the snow crab were like $3.00 per pound when you bought a 10 lb. case.

Im thinking a surf and turf dinner is in the cards for Valentines Day dinner.

Guess you just have to ask around !!! Found out a friend of mine has been a member for quite a few years (didn't know RD had been around that long)......he said he had a spare membership card and I could use it if I wanted....used to work for this guy running his grill in his roadhouse..."Those were the days !!!"

Rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky