Research of the first Thanksgiving Turns Into a Personal History!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup . 99.9 % Northwestern European .
Got one completely boned and rolled , the other has the rib cage , but trimmed out the wish bone and the wing sockets .
Sweet BBQ rub and a Cajun seasoning .
1637941298555.jpeg
Hope to get the skin like yours . I like it rendered down more than crisp .
Did you start with a higher temp then lower ?

PS.....this is the secret to perfect whole turkey on the Pellet. This was from last year....

Attachments

• 1FCD39DB-7E1B-44EC-BDE3-515EC812B257.jpeg
    1FCD39DB-7E1B-44EC-BDE3-515EC812B257.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 13
Yup . 99.9 % Northwestern European .
Got one completely boned and rolled , the other has the rib cage , but trimmed out the wish bone and the wing sockets .
Sweet BBQ rub and a Cajun seasoning .
View attachment 517329
Hope to get the skin like yours . I like it rendered down more than crisp .
Did you start with a higher temp then lower ?

looks like a good start. I did mine (whole) strait at 335. I’ve noticed that the back part of my smoker is a bit hotter better air flow so I push it back a bit away from the lid then rotate.

My smoked breasts I did skinless at 225....

Thanks . I was thinking starting around 350ish for 30 minutes then lower to 325 or so . A lot of air movement in this grill . Probably have to baste at some point .

Thanks . I was thinking starting around 350ish for 30 minutes then lower to 325 or so . A lot of air movement in this grill . Probably have to baste at some point .

for a smaller piece like that I would think a bit higher would be good, as it will have less time to roast and crisp up....maybe even 375 then down to 325 a 335....

Here is mine, had to slice into one for a taste for breakfast.....going to get some croissants for a samich!
8F4971F8-23EA-46A1-8107-9E4B868D137A.jpeg

Looks good . These are about 9 lbs. each . Had them in Pop's brine with some lemon extract overnight .
Got them on the counter to warm up a bit , then they're going on .
I did chicken breast skinless like that .

Looks good . These are about 9 lbs. each . Had them in Pop's brine with some lemon extract overnight .
Got them on the counter to warm up a bit , then they're going on .
I did chicken breast skinless like that .
Thanks, I was on the “easy” tract with these.....oh man yours should to be tasty! I really like citrus in brine!

I really like citrus in brine!
Well , I've been thru it with Pop's brine . From not enough to to much . 1/2 tsp per gallon is where we like it .
It's really good . I also have maple and anise extracts .
This I did with the Tips slaughter house brine / Pop's combo . Lol cure and the extract added .
The skinless is a great way to do lunch meat .

Reactions: civilsmoker
Well , I've been thru it with Pop's brine . From not enough to to much . 1/2 tsp per gallon is where we like it .
It's really good . I also have maple and anise extracts .
This I did with the Tips slaughter house brine / Pop's combo . Lol cure and the extract added .
The skinless is a great way to do lunch meat .

how did the birds turn out?

how did the birds turn out?
We had the one that was boned out . It was fantastic . Some of the best I've done . It was great because the kids went to their Mom's side of the family and ate dry turkey yesterday . LOL . My Daughter took a bite and just shook her head and said " This is so good " She doesn't eat gravy , so I always wonder .
I started at 350 and spun after an hour . Then dropped to 325 . When it got to 150's I dropped the temp to 225 and basted with butter and honey mixed . Doing this because it's gonna be done early .
Started the MES and set the Auber to 100 . When the breast hit 165 I wrapped in foil and put them in the 30 and reset the Auber to 145 . Let it hang out while the kids made sides .
20211126_170449.jpg
Completely tender , but not falling apart .
20211126_170733.jpg
Great texture on this .
20211126_170738.jpg
They both said we should have this again tomorrow .

It is always interesting to study history, moreover, without knowing the past, we cannot have a future, so knowing history is also important for each of us. When it comes to research or detailed analysis of specific events in this field, it is not always easy, so I recommend that you read this useful review about the UKwritings writing service, in which experts described the main information about the company that can help you with various studies for school, college or for other purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky