Replica for The Shed Rack Attack rub?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Anyone have a good replica for a rub like The Shed’s Rack Attack? I have tons of rubs in my pantry. When trying to decide what to go with for today’s rib and bologna cook, I sampled everything in my Arsenal. Most of my rubs you get hit with a lot of salt taste…the Shed Rack Attack has very little salt taste. More sugary, which I liked. The granules are very big too as you can see from this pic. They charge $8 for a small bottle of this stuff on Amazon, which is steep for how small of a bottle it is. I do have Jeff’s rub recipe too which I have yet to make, so I’m not sure how it would compare
4A85E8F4-A984-44A6-B361-2252086E629D.png

Reactions: JLeonard
Make up a batch of Jeff's Original and see if it's anywhere in the same ballpark. It only takes a few minutes to whoop up a batch. If it is similar, but not quite there, you can always tweak the recipe to try and get closer. I like Jeff's original rub pretty well and use it quite a bit.

Reactions: bgaviator
Jeff's Original does not have very much salt. It is solid, I really like the TX rub also. That is my usual for most things.

Jeff's Original does not have very much salt. It is solid, I really like the TX rub also. That is my usual for most things.
I may have to buy the recipes again. I bought them before Jeff came out with the Texas rub, so all I have is the Original rub and bbq sauce recipes. The Texas rub looks interesting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky