Reheating Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 21, 2007
Phila.
Well it's almost 8:30 and it's only at 173* I guess this'll be tomorrow's dinner. How would you reheat pulled pork? Hopefully it'll be done soon. It sat around 150* for over 4 hours. Mixed up the finishing sauce and just waiting to see how it turns out.

You have several options for re-heating pulled pork. I have done small quantities in a sauce pan with a little water added. I have done large quantities in a baking pan covered in foil and heated in the oven at 300 degrees. Others have used a crock pot. Tomorrow I'm going to try the crock pot method.

Let us know what you do and how you make out with it.

Hope this helps.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Ok Meowey I think I'm going to use the oven method. It looks soooooooo good right now, but I want to wait untill it hits the 205* Just 24* more to go. I'm going to ask my brother to donate one of his cameras to me so I can post some pictures. That's the least he can do, he gets to eat what I smoke. He's really good for the morale.

Cover and nuke it.
Folks if you plan for that plateau, you'll make dinner everytime.
I can only speak from the standpoint of a stick burner so humor me.
Get up early to start your fire. I don't care, 4 a.m. if need be. If you get the fire going too early, big deal. Plan for it and have extra wood on hand. Take that butt or brisket out when you go to start the fire. If it hits the grates at room temp, it'll hit the plateau faster. Trust me. Once it gets through that range, it's like a speeding freight train to 190º or 205º. If the smoker just won't hold the temp or it gets late, throw it in a pre-heated oven @ 250º. Yeah, it's cheating, but if you foiled it doesn't matter anyway, because all you are doing in the smoker is cooking, just like the oven. That smoke ain't gonna penetrate foil.

I put it in a plastic zip lock bag open just a little corner so it doesn't explode and nuke it! Throw a little finishing sauce on it and eat it all up!
icon_lol.gif

I vacuum seal mine, then poke a hole in it and heat it in a pot of boiling water. Tastes like it just came off the smoker
icon_smile.gif

Speeding fast train? Shoot mines going like slow coal train. It's still just creaping along, now it's a whomping 186*. Don't get me wrong if I wasn't told about this plateau, it would be different. At least this way I can say "you think you had to wait, my shoulder frooze for 5 hours" Hey it just jumped up to 187*. But I bet it's going to taste good.

Mike -

It's kind of like staring through the candy store window when your a kid.
You look and drool and drool and look then you finally get it and your in heaven!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky