Reheating brisket for restaurant service

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheflusk420

Original poster
Nov 5, 2020
Trying to tackle brisket and not spend so much time gauging the the timing to have it off the pit for service. I know franklins ships them all over the country and you simply reheat to an adequate temp and I could hold in hot box. Is there any tips or tricks anyone could possibly share. We just opened our bbq spot in CT last week and numbers are growing. Just doing brisket in the chili and our Mac and cheese for now but customers want that brisket. Just dropped 10k on an indoor smoker hoping it arrives by the new year but I’m gonna start rocking a few on the pit and possibly chilling and reheating for service

But that is what the Dr ordered! Food service is WAY more than the cook. Properly holding food the right way is priceless in consistent delivery!

There is a place we go to in Montana and they have a couple of theses and they pull the ribs and brisket out cut it right in front of you and you are eating it 2 min later.....makes for perfect fast food bbq!

Reactions: cheflusk420
I can testify that the Franklins mail order briskets are terrible.
My wife gave me one for Christmas last year and it was WAY below par.
Very little smoke flavor, more or less overcooked roast beef.
Cost a small fortune too.
It could not have been much worse.
FWIW, we live in Austin and she picked it up from them in person, so mail time or sitting in a freight warehouse was not a factor.

Reactions: olaf
There is a place we go to in Montana and they have a couple of theses and they pull the ribs and brisket out cut it right in front of you and you are eating it 2 min later.....makes for perfect fast food bbq!

As a Montanan I must inquire where this BBQ place is at? Always looking for a good BBQ meal.

Trying to tackle brisket and not spend so much time gauging the the timing to have it off the pit for service. I know franklins ships them all over the country and you simply reheat to an adequate temp and I could hold in hot box. Is there any tips or tricks anyone could possibly share. We just opened our bbq spot in CT last week and numbers are growing. Just doing brisket in the chili and our Mac and cheese for now but customers want that brisket. Just dropped 10k on an indoor smoker hoping it arrives by the new year but I’m gonna start rocking a few on the pit and possibly chilling and reheating for service

Sounds great. I am from CT. What is name of restaurant and where located?

As a Montanan I must inquire where this BBQ place is at? Always looking for a good BBQ meal.

Firehole BBQ in West Yellowstone. They opened 2 years ago and are now the #1 place to eat in West Yelly. I've talked to the owner and she is legit, she understands BBQ!

Last edited:
Reactions: FFchampMT
Brisket should be cooked and Held for service. There is no way to get Fresh Quality out of reheated Brisket. Pork Ribs can be reheated on a Char Grill with good result, as long as they are not Too FOB...And Pulled Pork, reheated, does fine.
But not Brisket. Any leftover can go for Burnt Ends, very profitable, or in Beans, but you will Kill your reputation trying to pass off Day Old Brisket as freshly Smoked!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky