Ref; Rendang curry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
Not sure where to post this, but I am wondering about the dish now. There is alot of these new 'Simmer Sauces' on the market, which I've been buying up when I see one I hadn't tried yet, and I actually grabbed a jar of Malayasian inspired Rendang. The jar says to use beef short ribs or beef. The last time I saw beef short ribs I could have gone to an authentic curry place and ordered a few pounds of curry for the cost it would have been for a small package. Thus this preambles leads me to this question...

Can I substitute stew meat for beef short ribs? Chuck roast goes on sale occasionally, and I always check the 'reduced price/bargain bin' meat section and more often then not see a few smaller packages of stew meat.

I'm sure some one who actually loves curry is going to strangle me for even wondering, but there it is!

<Also any curry related stuff in general I suppose! Has any one ever smoked meat, then added it to the curry? How about making their own Naan??>

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky