• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ref; Need some help!

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined May 19, 2018
I want to try and make Naan/Roti/Chaapti in my Masterbuilt and I'm not sure my idea will work.

Specifically..I want to wrap it around a Fatty as a wrapper, has any one ever try this before? I've never tried any thing of this nature, I know Indian breads like this rely on a Tandoori oven..and my smoker is rather the opposite temp wise.

Can any one suggest another sort of flat bread recipe that might work the same, thin enough to work as a wrap for a fatty or made on it's own as a treat?

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined May 19, 2018

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 12, 2019
i have made it in a cast iron pan on my gas stove, i accidentally misread the directions so the batter came out a lot thicker. you could try this. also use a splatter guard to hold the batter. that might be a nightmare to clean though.
this might work to infuse the batter with that smoky flavor we all love, i doubt very much it will fully cook, but you could always finish off in a pan or dutch oven.

Last edited:

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined May 19, 2018
i have made it in a cast iron pan on my gas stove, i accidentally misread the directions so the batter came out a lot thicker. you could try this. also use a splatter guard to hold the batter. that might be a nightmare to clean though.
this might work to infuse the batter with that smoky flavor we all love, i doubt very much it will fully cook, but you could always finish off in a pan or dutch oven.
Hrm..

See my plan is to make a flat bread wrapped fatty. Man I always pick ideas that confound me... LOL

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks