Ref; Need some help!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TomKnollRFV

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Neenah WI
I want to try and make Naan/Roti/Chaapti in my Masterbuilt and I'm not sure my idea will work.

Specifically..I want to wrap it around a Fatty as a wrapper, has any one ever try this before? I've never tried any thing of this nature, I know Indian breads like this rely on a Tandoori oven..and my smoker is rather the opposite temp wise.

Can any one suggest another sort of flat bread recipe that might work the same, thin enough to work as a wrap for a fatty or made on it's own as a treat?

i have made it in a cast iron pan on my gas stove, i accidentally misread the directions so the batter came out a lot thicker. you could try this. also use a splatter guard to hold the batter. that might be a nightmare to clean though.
this might work to infuse the batter with that smoky flavor we all love, i doubt very much it will fully cook, but you could always finish off in a pan or dutch oven.

Last edited:
i have made it in a cast iron pan on my gas stove, i accidentally misread the directions so the batter came out a lot thicker. you could try this. also use a splatter guard to hold the batter. that might be a nightmare to clean though.
this might work to infuse the batter with that smoky flavor we all love, i doubt very much it will fully cook, but you could always finish off in a pan or dutch oven.

Hrm..

See my plan is to make a flat bread wrapped fatty. Man I always pick ideas that confound me... LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky