Red Dot Indicator Missing on Watched Threads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallbm

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2016
Texas
So on the "watched threads" page there is usually a red dot indicator next to any thread you are watching that has had some new activity or updates performed in it.

It seems that indicator is no longer there.
Its not a big deal but was kind of nice and I was wondering if that was an intentional change.

I can still get my updates from clicking on my image icon (upper right hand corner in web browser) which also indicates the number of alerts and updates occurring involving me and/or my watched threads.

Anyhow I figured I would ask and see whats up. No complaints here, just curiosity. Thanks! :)

No clue.I have a little red flag next to all my watched threads.Maybe something you could do in
account preferences?

No clue.I have a little red flag next to all my watched threads.Maybe something you could do in
account preferences?

Possibly. I checked and didn't easily find any such setting but I could have missed it... there are a ton of settings in preferences ahahah.

I agree with tallbm. I'm missing the dot(indicator) on threads that have been responded to after I've read them.

Chris

BTW: tallbm tallbm I've always wanted to ask. Is there a meaning behind your tag name. I have a habit of trying to figure out how/what members names mean, and yours has always puzzled me. You really don't want to know my initial thoughts.

Reactions: chopsaw and tallbm
Yea I guess there was another update, And things got changed. I’m still trying to figure out the updates from a couple of times ago. Just about the time you figure this stuff out it changes again. I’m too old for change, I guess since most of us are stuck in the house we have a lot of time to learn the new system. If this virus crap keeps going on we will all be pros at this.
Al

Yea I guess there was another update, And things got changed. I’m still trying to figure out the updates from a couple of times ago. Just about the time you figure this stuff out it changes again. I’m too old for change, I guess since most of us are stuck in the house we have a lot of time to learn the new system. If this virus crap keeps going on we will all be pros at this.
Al
The forum doesn't have an IT guy?
These things that are driving people crazy are simple fixes in most cases. Xenforo has a forum with a troubleshooting page and a help page where you can ask questions if you are one of the admin's or have the blessing IE: the log in info from the admin.
I'm so sick of this poem format I made an account and asked questions about a fix for these problems but they couldn't help me because I'm not one of the forum admins. This poem crap is over a week old and it's still the same. To me that is uncalled for that and the markers should be a simple fix if somebody is actually working on them.

I tried reading the forum not logged in on my phone today what a cluster hump that is. How does the admin expect to grow this forum if new people can't even read through a page without ad's blocking the threads. And who in their right mind would pay to get rid of the ad's without being able to browse the forums to see if they would like to become a member? These ads's are shooting this forums growth/health right in the foot. The forums IT guy/guys need to be doing a better job of informing members on progress being made with issues that arise as well. What use is a bugs and glitches forum if nobody is answering folks questions?

HELLOOOOOOOOO ???? .. Is anyone from admin listening ??????

How about a civilized response to this situation....

HELLOOOOOOOOO ???? .. Is anyone from admin listening ??????

How about a civilized response to this situation....

I think hellasteph hellasteph was an admin, maybe tagging her or shooting her a conversation can get you some answers.

I have a sneaky suspicion that IT for the forum is on a contracted basis meaning there is no full time IT support. It would make sense with how self sufficient a forum like this but as you see when changes come or configs are tweaked would be the kind of events to trigger some support.

Also we are in some pretty hard times as a country and as individuals so I hope the money and the people are available for the support as it is costly. I know I'm pushing things off till later for now to tighten the belt and not spend as much money this year with everything going on.

Anyhow, hopefully the more severe items get handled that forktender forktender is experiencing and with that work any other smaller issues get put on the list :)

At the very least........ "I hear your plea... We are aware of the situation and are planning on fixing it"... would be nice.... Know what I mean ????

Reactions: forktender
yeah I hear ya. Lets see if we get some action soon :)

As has been stated in lots of other threads they are working on finding answers. We report it then it's the tech people that handle it

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky