RecTec RT590 or Traeger 575 and why

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
Looking to replace the vertical smoker with a nice pellet smoker. I have read reviews and watched you tube videos, But I know people want to sell their product. But here I would like to hear from the people who own and use them all the time. And give the pros and cons on both so I can get help in deciding which one to get, they both are nice units So thanks for the replies.

590 owner, no experience with other pellets. Quality, reputation, customer service steered me toward this unit. It is a " set it and forget it" smoker once you get it dialed in. I put meat on and when thermometer alarms me, I go probe and take additional internal temps and that is the only time it gets open through entire cook.
I still feel my MES 40 with PID is more versatile. Love them both for what they do.

Rec Tec all the way. everyone i know with a trager has problems. Rec Tec is solid, hold tempos extremely well. they have the best customer service on earth. easy to adjust, the app is killer awesome - can control and monitor probes from anywhere. Ive had mine a couple years now and cant use it enough. I used year round and its cold and snow in winter here - never an issue. I woulndt touch a trager after I did all my research before buying my Rec Tec Bull

I have a Traeger and had problems with temp swings until I installed a PID controller. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought either a MAK or RecTec

Thank you for all the responses. It look like Rec Tec is the one I will be getting. thanks for helping me to decide. I will be getting the RT590 Time to order

that plan changed had to help out a family member. So now I have to look around again. so what are the better choices I would like for a wifi unit around 5-7 really wanted the rectec but sh*t happens, family first.

A little smaller but may work for you.

Edit : whoops sorry, I was looking for PID not wifi.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky