Rec Tec pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dixiedog11

Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Apex, NC
I am getting ready to place an order for a new Rec Tec grill.  Under the accessories, I have the option of buying some of their pellets. (200lbs of assorted pellets for $125)  Has anyone ever used their pellets before?  Are they worth it?  Thanks! 

I ordered the kitchen sink bundle with my rec tec. I get really good heat from them and the flavor is really nice.

I didn't know in the 240lbs that came with, that there was going to be both blends that rec tec sells.

There is definitely a different smell and taste from pellets then the chunks I was using in my gasser, but very pleasant.

I have cooked a lot on it in the month or so that I have owned it, and gone through about 1 and 1/2 40lb bags.

The grill itself is really a pleasure to cook with.

Congrats and Enjoy!!

Its a decent price, but if you have the storage space, you can buy a ton of Lumberjack pellets for 465 bucks plus shipping.  Most guys end up paying about 28 - 38 cents a lb by ordering bulk (really depends on where you live regarding shipping).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky