Rec Tec Blanket, lightning warmup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pbft

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
Vermont
It gets cold here in the north, so I took a scarp of 1/4" carbon fiber welding blanket and made a 'cozy' for the Trailblazer. The welding blanket is a little like soft felt, so I stitched a scrap of quilting fabric to the top surface. I used 10 lb test spectra fishing braid, which is good for really high temperatures.
rt340blanket.jpg

It's 6 degrees out (American degrees, -18 for our Canadian friends). My last meal had been pizza at 450, and I discovered that at that temperature, it will burn pellets back up the auger tube a couple of inches. When I cleaned out the ashes I put 2 Tbsp of wood pellets on the igniter to sped things up.
It took seven minutes to get to my 225 setpoint today.
warmup.png

Reactions: ponzLL
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky