Re-Heating Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stakeman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Spring, Tx
Newbie here, I've smoked 3 briskets in about 3 weeks prepping for our daughters High School Graduation party Sunday. I plan on pre smoking about 3-4 briskets in the next few days and was wondering the best was to keep them and reheat them on Sunday?

Thanks in advance, Great site BTW.....I never thought I'd be a member of a smoking meat forum, but it's alot of fun smoking...

okay...........you can store em freezer bags/vacuum seal em............then reheat by dropping in boiling water

or use a steamer...............

others should be along to also help with this question

Awhile back Walking Dude told me about getting a Rice Steamer and using it. I got one and let me tell you it works great and I think about any kind of steamer should work fine. If you can't find one I'm sure you could rent a steamer big enough to do the job. Are you slicing the brisket or pulling it?

Thanks Dude,

I've been searching the forum and found some good info. It seems like everyone has their own way
confused.gif
. I'm pretty set on keeping it whole, The first one I smoked yesterday, wrapped it in foil and refrigerated it. It was a monster 18 pound hunk of meat!!! I'll NEVER get one that big again. I have 2 others I'll tackle tomorrow. They are both 8-10 pounds.. The huge one took 13 hours to get the internal temp up to 190. I sampled a slice and it was ok, not as good as the 2 smaller ones I did when I first got the smoker.

I'm concerned about the large brisket's time to reheat and drying it out. I may change my mind and slice it cold and put it in a roaster with some kind of liquid...A little help with this one and I'll never buy another 18 pounder...

Stakeman

Slicing it, Thanks Piney. Great Idea. I'll have about 30 pounds after smoking to reheat, that's gotta be a big rice steamer.

slice all your brisket to 1/4 in. or so-put in Large bakeing dish-if u ain't got a jus-than make some-better than bulliun and water-let simmer in oven till warm-good to go and best thing going.serve how u want.

Hi Stakeman, I have actually reheated presmoked but I sliced it right when it came off of the smoke...tri tip and pulled pork, I sliced and pulled and left it in its own juice then reheated in their own juice in a low bbq...Covered in foil..I wanted my guests to get the fact that the meat had been done low and slow on a que..then I fired it up for some Hot dogs and brats....my .02...

After sliceing or pulling put in a slow oven at 200 - 250' coverd in foil and let it go with some liquid or the juices you saved.
Hope this helps.

Thank you so much to all who replied! The event is Sunday, I'll let you know how they come out. My mother in law has a huge turkey sized roaster, I plan on using the grate in the bottom and putting some kind of liquid maybe apple juice in the bottom. The problem at hand is how to fit all this meat in the roaster. Any thoughts out there? I may slice it cold just prior to reheating, but hate to loose the juice.

Don't worry about losing the juice. Just reheat in the juice you have and add some apple juice, aujus.
Do you have access to a Nesco roaster? That would work fine if you do.

Stakeman, Good advice has been given here so I won't add anything except to wish you great success and we want to see some que-view!!

Enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky