Rainy Day Smoked Pork Loin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Torc

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 15, 2021
Cincinnati
Rain spoiled plans for the day, so I decided to fire up the E-smoker to make some pulled pork with a pork loin roast I picked up at discount.

IMG_20210602_132607620.jpg

I did a kosher salt brine in a vacuum bag for about 4 hours and gave it a coaling of the below rub I used from the book Smoke & Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison

Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub
3/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup ground black pepper
1/4 cup coarse salt
1/4 cup sugar (used Splenda)
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
2 Tablespoon onion powder
2Tablespoons cayenne

Got it in the smoker at 250 and smoked to temp.
IMG_20210602_161525060.jpg

IMG_20210602_161638790.jpg

Still hammering out the smoking aspect, had some of the cherry flavor but no smoke ring. Turned out perfectly juicy and full of flavor.

Very nice.Pork loin is my goto when time and weather are an issue.Screw the pulled pork and eat as is...that looks great the way it is.

Looks good to me! I thought about smoking a pork loin today, too, but never made it to the store to pick one up. It's supposed to rain here tomorrow too, so maybe tomorrow ... or I may do a slab of salmon.

Looks tasty! I use sugar subs in my rubs too. Ever use Splenda Brown or Lakanto Golden?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky