Rabbit & Ginger Sausage in Garlic Alfredo w/ Pasta (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
As some of you know Jake ( TNJAKE TNJAKE ) and I agreed to do an informal, unofficial gift exchange this year. He's way ahead of me posting his stuff and I'm doing this one in reverse of how he posted his: posting a meal before all the goodies. That's because there is still one package pending delivery, but this meal needs to be posted. In the first two packages was an amazing assortment of exotic meats and sausages. He really embraced the concept of the exchange by sending stuff that I most likely would have never bought...and he did an amazing job!! As soon as I saw this sausage I knew I had to do something with it immediately.

Here is the sausage
007.jpg

Grabbed a handful of whole garlic cloves and put them in a CI skillet with some garlic EVOO. Didn't count till they were cooking but that's 17 cloves
009.jpg

Weather was nasty outside so decided to do everything in the house. Sausages in another CI skillet.
010.jpg

Garlic all nicely caramelized
011.jpg

Sausages done
012.jpg

Get the Alfredo sauce going. Just heavy cream, a couple of different cheeses, and a splash of milk (it was a bit too thick). The oil will incorporate into the sauce. Took this pic a couple minutes too early.
013.jpg

Dinner plated with a really nice salad and a couple of garlic butter bread sticks
019.jpg

This dinner was amazing!! That sausage is perfection in a casing...absolutely exquisite. The most perfectly balanced flavors I think I've ever had and melded beautifully with the Alfredo sauce. Jake hit the nail smack-dab on the head choosing this one. It is not a heavy flavor, and not at all gamy, just wonderful. I cannot thank you enough Jake for sending this. As soon as I've sampled the rest of the stuff you sent I'll be opening an account with D'Artagnan, I can promise you that. Something tells me that this company could be a game changer for us.

Sincere thanks and Merry Christmas to all,
Robert

Last edited:
Very nice. I’ve only ever done Italian sausages and (blackened) chicken in Alfredo. Not sure why I never branched out. I’ll have to remember this.

Jbo

It is a honor to know a lot of the folks here. And this is another reason why. People give and help in a level that is incredible.

Looks like a great meal! Those Rabbit and ginger sausages had to be awesome!

Heck yeah Robert that looks delicious. Glad you liked the sausages. We found out about D'ARTAGNAN a couple years ago. They have just about any wild game meat you could want plus a variety of other things. I have 2 pheasants in the deep freeze from them I need to cook. Final package should be arriving tomorrow!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky