Quick wings for a friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 7, 2017
Flint, Michigan
Had a friend commission (use) me for a 150pc order of wings for his fantasy draft.

UDS 360 for an hour (two racks), then rotate the racks and ended up finishing at close to 275 for another 40 ish mins.

Nothing special, just a Sunday wing ding thing :-)

In the pan:

20190824_193514.jpg

On the racks. Apparently 150 is the max for two 22 inch racks! Not much room at the inn as you can see.

20190825_075530.jpg

Fresh out of the barrel:

20190825_102019.jpg

Panned:

20190825_102847.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Man those make my mouth water. I really have to do some wings soon. Have never done them in my smoker.

Normally I brine for 8-12 hours on wings but this time I didn't feel like putting in the effort and just murdered them with salt and coarse ground BP among my other seasonings. They were def different but good in their own way.

The old adage of salt, CBP, GP, OP make everything great always stands true if you hit it with the right proportions .

They look great. so good in fact that there's only enough for me....
LOVE some wings. Good work. And quite the jigsaw puzzle work to get all those on at the same time.
DOn

That's a whole lot of wings. Nice Job..

Point for sure
Chris

Those wings look great! Love smoking them its been awhile. Bet that coors flowed smoothly! Picked up a couple new sours over the weekend would have gone well with those!

On a side note I did a fantasy draft for one of my league's this past Saturday. New guy in the league drafted Andrew Luck, Melvin Gordon, and Ezekiel Elliott for his top 3 picks. Lol

Them look fabulous! You "save and sample" some for yourself?

So out of 150, roughly 11 just came up missing. Grew legs (or perhaps wings!!) And just came up missing. It was the craziest thing.

Those wings look great! Love smoking them its been awhile. Bet that coors flowed smoothly! Picked up a couple new sours over the weekend would have gone well with those!

That's funny. I didn't see any posts in the thread mentioning these new sours! :-D

That rocket looks awesome. It's blue! Is that a speciation brand? There's quite a few breweries that use that canner and art format.

I'm DEF going to look for that one!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky