Quick Weeknight Fajitas Via Griddle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Wife had invited our neighbors over for fajitas last night. I didn't remember until about 3pm yesterday and didn't get off work until 5 otherwise I would have prepped everything up the night before to give the meat enough time in the marinade. Oh well gotta roll with the punches.

Cut up around 2 lbs of fresh chicken breasts and 2 lbs of flank steak. Mixed up a batch of chilerelleno chilerelleno fajita marinade and just hoped it would have enough time to give the meat some flavor.
fajita13.jpg

Fired up the camp chef and got some tortillas warming up.
fajita14.jpg

Some green peppers and onions.
fajita15.jpg

fajita16.jpg

Warm day. Gotta stay hydrated with a 24 ouncer.
fajita17.jpg

Got it real nice and hot. Perfect heat IMO for throwing the meat on.
fajita18.jpg

Chicken and Steak going.
fajita19.jpg

Was trying to get everyone fed and forgot to take a picture of the finished meat and whole spread.

Here is the leftover meat after everyone had made a plate but me.
fajita20.jpg

Little sour cream, meat, queso fresco cheese, and some cilantro. Rice & beans on the side.
fajita21.jpg

fajita12.jpg

The meat was outstanding. I was worried about it not having much time to marinate but it was perfect. Even got picky kid eaters to try it and like it! Had the prep work been done the night before this would have taken maybe 30 minutes to cook. Great quick meal for week night evenings when time is short. Thanks for checking it out.

John

Heck yeah john. Nice work. Gonna have to try that fajita seasoning. Gives the meat some real nice color while marinating. Btw the dog is clearly plotting on you.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
My kind of meal right there John! I could eat about 6 of those. Washed down with a cold one of course!

That's one fine piece of work John, I'm going to try out that fajita marinade, looks too good to pass up, Like! RAY

Darn nice looking plate right there TN!! I'd sure knock down a few of those fajitas and the sides are perfect for that meal. Nice job for putting it together on the fly.

Lmao! I had to go back and look..... Deffinatly plotting!

Dogs have a way of doing that, don's they Travis? As with Jake though, I saw the dog right off the bat, probably because we have one that does the same thing so it's easy to recognize.

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Btw the dog is clearly plotting on you.
Lmao! I had to go back and look..... Deffinatly plotting!
Dogs have a way of doing that, don's they Travis? As with Jake though, I saw the dog right off the bat, probably because we have one that does the same thing so it's easy to recognize.

The damn dog was plotting for my beer! She loves food but she will do anything for beer. Loves the stuff. Reminds me of the old movie Turner and Hooch.

Great looking fajitas John! That sure is a perfect weekday meal especially without not having to worry about prep work.

I noticed your dog too. Looks like he’s saying “This guy!” while admiring your beer.

Very nicely done!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Heck yeah john. Nice work. Gonna have to try that fajita seasoning. Gives the meat some real nice color while marinating. Btw the dog is clearly plotting on you.

Thanks Jake. Give the marinade a shot man. You know your way around the griddle so I have no doubt you will enjoy some great fajitas.

My kind of meal right there John! I could eat about 6 of those. Washed down with a cold one of course!

Thanks Travis! That's the plan for tonight as I plan to have a few cold ones and then devour the leftovers. Kids want frozen pizza instead :emoji_anguished:

That's one fine piece of work John, I'm going to try out that fajita marinade, looks too good to pass up, Like! RAY

Thanks Ray. You will have to check out freezermart and see if you can get some going on your flat top. Chili has some great recipes and of course anything Mexican food related so I can highly recommend this and his Mexican rice!

Darn nice looking plate right there TN!! I'd sure knock down a few of those fajitas and the sides are perfect for that meal. Nice job for putting it together on the fly.

Robert

Appreciate it Robert! Wish I would have had the time to do homemade rice and beans but hey nothing wrong with the store bought stuff on the fly.

Great looking fajitas John! That sure is a perfect weekday meal especially without not having to worry about prep work.

I noticed your dog too. Looks like he’s saying “This guy!” while admiring your beer.

Very nicely done!

Thanks Joe. Yeah man she's my best friend if I have the beer out lol ridiculous. When you gonna bust your griddle out again?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky