Quick question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ahakohda

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
If i want internal temp of vacuumed meat 150f, can I set my device temperature at 155f and leave it cooking overnight?
Will 10-12 hours be enough to reach 150f at 155f set temp?

Not trying to be a jerk. But there is no way anyone can help you with this info.
What are you trying to do?
How are you doing it?
Device used?
Type of meat and how is it prepped?
Recipe would help.
Is this cured. Or fresh meat?
See where I'm going with this?
I'm inclined to think you are using a SV. But. Not sure.

Well I posted in SV forum assuming all understand that it is SV cooking question. Tried to make it to the point.

It was a simple question of temperatures and time needed.

Pork meat. Lets say 2-3 inches thick. Cured. Vacuum packed. Using Anova sv.

Your answer is in this guide. Lots of charts for Time/Temp./protein

https://douglasbaldwin.com/sous-vide.html
Great help!!! Thank you!

I am cooking pork. Cured. It is smoked at 175f to internal 130f. Afterwards its vacuumed and sous vide at 175f till internal temp 150f.
Last time i did that there were some liquid inside vacuum bag. I want to avoid it by lowering temp and extending cooking time.

B720561C-0CC3-40BA-BC34-2C6B9264C1C8.jpeg

Reactions: crazymoon
If i want internal temp of vacuumed meat 150f, can I set my device temperature at 155f and leave it cooking overnight?
Will 10-12 hours be enough to reach 150f at 155f set temp?
With SV set the temp at what you want the meat IT to be, so set the circulator to 150F, on a 2-3 inch thick you will make temp in about 3 hours but you can go longer

Great help!!! Thank you!

I am cooking pork. Cured. It is smoked at 175f to internal 130f. Afterwards its vacuumed and sous vide at 175f till internal temp 150f.
Last time i did that there were some liquid inside vacuum bag. I want to avoid it by lowering temp and extending cooking time.

View attachment 655497

Ah, forgetting my lack of looking into your cooking technique. I see what you are trying to do. SmokinEdge SmokinEdge has you covered. The meat in the picture looks excellent!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky