Quick Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Going thru the hunting totes. Ran across this packet of Chili seasoning that has gone on hunting and fishing trips previously. Was getting dated so used it up. 1.5# hamburger and medium onion added. This is actually pretty darn good for a quicky.
IMG_0610.jpg

Going thru the hunting totes. Ran across this packet of Chili seasoning that has gone on hunting and fishing trips previously. Was getting dated so used it up. 1.5# hamburger and medium onion added. This is actually pretty darn good for a quicky.
View attachment 655148
Nice!

Yeah a good chili can be made in less than 30 min.
Now it's never going to be as good as a 3 hour chili but hell for 30 min you can still make absolutely amazing chili :)

Reactions: Colin1230
I’ve never tried these, I was always worried there would be a chemical taste for some reason. But glad it came out good. I may end up trying it!

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Haven't seen that brand before. I've tried the MCCormick one before. Pretty disappointed. There was another brand that came in a little brown bag. That was not bad at all. Wish I could remember the name of it.

There was another brand that came in a little brown bag. That was not bad at all. Wish I could remember the name of it.
Carrol l Shelby ? I've used the regular and the white chicken chili . I see it in a box now , but used to buy it in a bag .
I use Chili Man chili seasoning . Comes in a black package . Good stuff . The Canned chili with the black label is pretty good too .

Reactions: JLeonard
Nothing wrong with a quick meal fix. Sometimes you just dont have the time to home make.

Jim

Two more chili mixes that are good are Wick Fowler's Two Alarm and Williams. As the name implies Fowler's includes a pkg of cayenne so you can tailor it to your tastes.

Wick Fowler's and Carrol Shelby's mixes are based around CASI contest style chili's.

Making chili dogs? /snicker lol. How did you like it I been lookin for some new chili seasoning
Did have some chili dogs to finish it off. :emoji_wink:
Give it a try, just add burger, tomato sauce, and I tossed an onion in.

Great post.
I love the taste of Shore Lunch but the salt is way above my level.

Thank you for not adding beans and still calling it chili ;)
If you're talking the original poster, the Shore Lunch mix includes beans.
Ever the debate. How was all meat chili often served? Poured over beans!

Reactions: chopsaw
Lot of the other shore lunch stuff is pretty good...I'll keep an eye out for it. White chicken chili sounds good too!

Ryan

Haven't seen that brand before. I've tried the MCCormick one before. Pretty disappointed. There was another brand that came in a little brown bag. That was not bad at all. Wish I could remember the name of it.
Small world I just cleaned out the pantry and found a McCormick chili and it was simple to make but like you say it was lacking. I had to spruce it up and with a little TLC, it is now edible !!

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky