Quick afternoon in the garden

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timstalltaletav

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Llewellyn PA aka God's Country
2 minutes in the garden and got these.

This is by far the latest the tomatoes have taken to turn. Instead of a nice progression of a few ripening everyday, it looks like all the plants will ripen at once?

Bad year thus far for the garden. Cukes went from rapid growth and a million blooms to a few very small ones to pick. They're bitter as hell too.

Deer completely decimated the corn. Planted 400 plants in the back field and don't expect to get any ears at this point. As soon as an ear broke through this year, it was gone the next day. Oh well, should be able to get a deer without much walking this season...

Peppers were phenomenal though. Off of 6 plants I'll have enough peppers to make a pile of homemade chili powder this weekend.

Not sure what happened things were looking so positive early in the summer?

It looks good. I had the same deer problem 
781.gif
. Will be making jerky soon.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky