Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Is this a brisket point? I’m not sure exactly what I’m looking for. And y’all be nice, I’m still learning here.
56C19F4E-81B7-4BF2-8C83-865CB1F488F2.jpeg

OK thanks TNJAKE TNJAKE . Hate to show my ignorance. But saw this and was making sure what I was reading was what I was thinking it was.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Just for the sake of saying it , you know it's cured right ?

I just want to ask , did you buy this ? If so watch the salt . Has a 35 % solution added .

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
Not a Point or Fresh Uncured Brisket Flat. But that will make some fine Pastrami or Corned Beef and Cabbage! If under $3 per pound, I buy 'em up...JJ

Reactions: JLeonard
Just for the sake of saying it , you know it's cured right ?

I just want to ask , did you buy this ? If so watch the salt . Has a 35 % solution added .
No Sir havent bought it. Was surfing the forums here and looking at Kroger app for briskets. I saw what I guess was a full packer for nearly $100 in store the other day. And was looking for something smaller to experiment with without breaking the bank. Yeah saw that it was already salted. And thanks for watching out for me.

It’s all good. No such thing as a stupid question. Beef prices are INSANE right now. Briskets cost a fortune at these prices. But leave that one for st patties day. I’ve been patiently waiting for packers to go on sale. Been eating a lot of pork and chicken lol.

It’s all good. No such thing as a stupid question. Beef prices are INSANE right now. Briskets cost a fortune at these prices. But leave that one for st patties day. I’ve been patiently waiting for packers to go on sale. Been eating a lot of pork and chicken lol.
True......may do the same. Actually like pork better anyway.

I have a great recipe for Pastrami from Corned Beef and there are many others, from Basic to International versions...JJ

If its cured you will want to soak it for 24 hours changing the water 2-3 times, be some good eating

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky