Question: Lump Coal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

burn-it

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Diego CA
Stupid Question?  I once started a question with the phrase "I now this is a stupid question, but . . ." and the response was "There are no stupid questions.  Just curious idiots." 

I recently purchased a bag of lump charcoal BEFORE reading this review (http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpdatabase/lumpbag22.htm).  Mostly big chunks that can broken down and then average size pieces.  There is a LOT of chips and dust.

Has anyone found a use for the chips and dust?  I am assuming it can only be used to fill my trashcan.

I toss my chips. Can't burn them (burn time is only minutes, since they're so small). Dust? Just don't inhale it. 

The only thing I use from a bag of lump is the charcoal. Dust/chips are left in the bag and tossed.

Give the smaller pieces to your friends who use electric or propane smokers to add that charcoal taste!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky