Question for Pulled Pork Experts about juice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ok I cant keep this going...I am laughing too hard!!!
icon_eek.gif

I do the same for adding the juice back. I have also just put only finishing sauce on it and it is fine.

If you are smoking a butt, do you do it a foil pan to catch all the juices? I was going to stick one on the rack unti it hit 150-160 then foil it and finish in the oven at 250 until it hits 195-200. Will I get any juice after the oven part or do you get most of it in the beginning?

You will definately still have juice. The first time that I finished in the oven I was doing 4 pork butts & I didn't put anything under the butts to catch the juice. Boy, did my wife enjoy cleaning up that mess!!!
icon_redface.gif

LOL... I did that..had 2 loosly foiled with HD foil to catch juice, an checked the temps.. ran the probe a LEETLE too far into one... What a mess...

I always just cook in the smoker till I hit 180. Then I put it in a roasting pan cover tightly let it rest about 20 mins. What jucie is in the pan stays in the pan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky