Question For Brisket Temp Probers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There is always the option to smoke at a higher temp, say 275º or so. This will eliminate the need for overnight smokes which does have an advantage or two. I've been doing mine this way for a while now.

Reactions: Displaced Texan
There is always the option to smoke at a higher temp, say 275º or so. This will eliminate the need for overnight smokes which does have an advantage or two. I've been doing mine this way for a while now.
Yessir, I shoot for 275° since this is a good size offset I have. Briskets seem to be done around 10-11 hours, so yes it's doable but difficult to have meat ready around 2-3 pm.

Yessir, I shoot for 275° since this is a good size offset I have. Briskets seem to be done around 10-11 hours, so yes it's doable but difficult to have meat ready around 2-3 pm.

Yeah, if 2-3 pm is meal time then overnight smoking is required.

So, today, I have had the brisket in the drawer. Initially ran the temp up high to get the meat above 140°. Have been holding it down at the 140°-150° setting for a few hours or so. Just sliced off some flat down near the point and it was damn good. Still rendering some fat I guess. The point is, well, hard to screw up. It's damn tasty and juicy.

I love hearing this hahaha. You are getting it sorted out my friend. I see many an amazing brisket in your future :D

I love hearing this hahaha. You are getting it sorted out my friend. I see many an amazing brisket in your future :D
Just had some. Been in the warmer all day. It was awesome, well, besides the crusty non fat side that we didn't eat. Otherwise, man, it was really good.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the reheating tips, etc.

Just had some. Been in the warmer all day. It was awesome, well, besides the crusty non fat side that we didn't eat. Otherwise, man, it was really good.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the reheating tips, etc.
No prob. Now you know what to expect with the reheat. It makes having to worry about long holds a moot point :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky