Question For Brisket Temp Probers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am truly sorry for being a stickler... But ThermPro is a company that makes a wide variety of types and models of therms. No way to assume you meant an instant read by calling it a Thermapro. Sorry just asking a question and trying to be helpful, and not doubting your knowledge or skill. Your experience has already taught you to go by feel anyway. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Reactions: Displaced Texan
I am truly sorry for being a stickler... But ThermPro is a company that makes a wide variety of types and models of therms. No way to assume you meant an instant read by calling it a Thermapro. Sorry just asking a question and trying to be helpful, and not doubting your knowledge or skill. Your experience has already taught you to go by feel anyway. Looking forward to seeing the end result!
No worries. Sorry, I was spelling it incorrectly. Here it is.

IMG_8846.JPG

Reactions: browneyesvictim
Lookin good!
Yeah pull when it feels tender. You can stab all over and check at any time that seems right (I use a wooden kabob skewer for the stabbing) or use your tried and true feel techniques :)
Thanks. Yep, going on about 9 hours now. Was 11.5 pounds before trimming. I'll give it another hour or so and it should be done I think.

A little over 9 1/2 hours. Nice color and bark it looks like. VERY tender. After all was said and done, probed the flat in the middle and it was 209.5°. I'll take it.

Won't eat tonight. Rest at room temp for a couple hours, refrigerate overnight, and in the Viking warming drawer in the morning. Brisket for lunch tomorrow.

IMG_8849.JPG

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I also threw these in the pit as well. Trimmed 2 full spare ribs into St. Louis cut.

Didn't get any pics of the tips. Ate them earlier today.

IMG_8850.jpg
IMG_8851.jpg

Reactions: tallbm
A little over 9 1/2 hours. Nice color and bark it looks like. VERY tender. After all was said and done, probed the flat in the middle and it was 209.5°. I'll take it.

Won't eat tonight. Rest at room temp for a couple hours, refrigerate overnight, and in the Viking warming drawer in the morning. Brisket for lunch tomorrow.

View attachment 507490
That looks fantastic!
Yeah as long as it is tender that is what matters. Always the tenderness!
I run all my naked and I don't like doing smaller than 15 pounders before trim.
So for me I crank up to 275F and do those suckers overnight in my sleep. So if I tell people "I can smoke a brisket in my sleep" it's because I am literally smoking brisket while I sleep hahahaha.

You are going to enjoy that sucker tomorrow for sure! Great work! :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky