• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Question about propane hookup in a food warmer build.


Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 24, 2008
Ok, I have a Northern Tool burner, http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...i_sku=330973&gclid=CJfJzu3GqLwCFQIOOgod8nMAIw 

That is sitting at the bottom of the cabinet. My question is, I need to get propane to it. Now my concern is if I just use the standard hose that it'll be too short, and the bigger issue is heat. I'm afraid the hose will burn/melt and then BOOM.

I had originally thought about running black pipe to the burner and out, then rig a tank hookup outside for the propane. Problem is, I haven't been able to find the fittings to connect the burner to the pipe and the hose to the outside part. I've checked at Home Depot and a few local hardware stores as well as a fireplace store. Nobody knows. 

Any help would be appreciated. What fittings do I need? Or, are my concerns unfounded?
Joined Jan 23, 2015
Hey Rob.....

I saw your post earlier on the General Model H grinder.  I have had one for about 30 years and it still is working great.  I have been trying to find a place to buy parts.  I would like to order a new cutting blade just to have on hand.  Also I would like to try sausage stuffing but don't know where to order the parts.  Lastly, I would like to know if you have a jerk slicer...... one that would fit on the Model H.  Any info you can provide would be helpful.  If you don't have a jerky cutter that fits on the Model H, then do you own one and if so what brand/model is it? 


Dave in Alaska

[email protected]


Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 31, 2009
Rob, Looking at the picture in the link provided, it looks like that is a flare fitting on the end of the burner inlet.  Go to your local Home Depot/ Lowes with the burner and over in the plumbing department should be a wall full of various brass fitings You should be able to find what you need there.  Or if you go over th where the water heaters are, you should be able to find a water heater installation kit that includes a SS flex hose and the fittings you need.   Or you could go to your local propane supplier and see if they have a SS flex line.


Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 17, 2013
I agree with Dave!! You don't want to be building a propane bomb!
Keep Smokin!!!
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.