Quarantine Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HamboneSmoke

Original poster
Jan 29, 2019
Decided it would be a great time to smoke a butt. Probably the best one I've ever done. Turned out perfect. Hope everybody is well and making it through ok in these tough times.

Attachments

• received_525770504990659.jpeg
    received_525770504990659.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200329_185435.jpg
    20200329_185435.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 31
The butt is shaped kinda funny, but boy do I love that color & the bark!
I bet it tasted awesome!!
Nice job!
Al

Thanks! Yeah I'd never seen any shaped quite like this. Picked it up at Ingles (grocery chain in my neck of the woods). I had been wrapping before, decided to let this one go uncovered. Takes a little longer, but worth it to me.

Looks pretty darned good from where I'm sittin', Like! What did you smoke it on, and did you spritz? There's another recent post on here that has me really re-thinking about spritzing. Geez, I might be adding on un-needed hours smoking a butt or ribs, and burning up more wood than needed. RAY

Thanks! Yeah I'd never seen any shaped quite like this. Picked it up at Ingles (grocery chain in my neck of the woods). I had been wrapping before, decided to let this one go uncovered. Takes a little longer, but worth it to me.

Where is your neck of the woods??
Walnut Grove, MN??
Oh Wait---That would be "Ingalls".

Bear

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I have an Old Country over/under smoker. I use Oakridge BBQ rub. I smoke around 250 for about 3 hours. I don't do any spritzing. I start fat cap down, flip over after 2 hours and flip back over again after 4. I made my own pipe burner in the cooking chamber, so after 3 hours of smoke I fire up the propane and leave it on 275°-285° until finished. The propane burner works great and saves you on charcoal or wood, and having to babysit the smoker.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky