pumpkin soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I went on a cruise last year and they had West Indian Pumpkin Soup..It was out of this world good. The recipe in on the internet and I copied it. Unfortunately, the recipe is for 100 servings. Might have to cut it into 10ths or something..But, it is by far the best I have ever tried..

West Indian Pumpkin Soup

Serves 100 (so you might have to convert it to less)

3 lbs Onions, quartered
2 lbs Leeks
2 oz Garlic Cloves
7 lbs Pumpkin Puree
3 1/2 gallons Chicken Stock
2 Quarts Half-and-Half
1 Quart Heavy Cream
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Heat oven to 300*f. Place onions, leeks, and garlic in shallow roasting pan; drizzle with olive oiil. Bake at 300*f for 30 minutes. Puree Vegetables.
Roast pumpkin puree @ 300*f. for 20-25 minutes. In Large stockpot, combine pumpkin puree, pureed vegetables and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Simmer 1 Hour.
Add half-and-half and cream; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and Pepper.

I do a variation of Johno's soup.
It's done with Butternut Squash (those little tan coloured ones in the second set of pics) and I also add some carrot for more colour and flavour.After blending I'll add some cream to it.
Also for another variation add some fresh ginger to it,yummy!
Then of course for serving I like to add sour cream piped through a very fine plain tip piping bag,in circles,then draw a paring knife through it from centre out until it looks like a spider web.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky