Pulling pork cold?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cybball

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Central Iowa
Well, I tackled 40lbs of boston butt all day yesterday (not literally) :). Hit the stall that went on forever, not to mention the snow storm with high winds that hit, so last night, I brought them inside and put them in the oven at 250 for the last 2 hours. Got them up to 204 and pulled them out. I let them rest for 1/2 hour, then got them into the fridge whole as I was wiped out and needed some sleep.

My question is, can they be shredded / pulled cold? Or, should I warm them up some to do this? They tasted fantastic (made a sammie last night). I need to remove the bones, shred, and bag them up for a party and just wasn't sure how to tackle them.

Thanks!!!
Jason

It has happened to me.

I pull while still warm.  Very difficult later.

If cold, you will probably end up either chopping or struggling and cussin.

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky