Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingjake

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
New Matamoras, Ohio
I need some advice for my first attempt at pulled pork shoulder. So if anyone wants to give me some advice I would be greatful.

P.S. Check out my first Jerky smoke in Roll Call. It came out great. Best Jerky I ever tasted and I'm known for my jerky.

Thanks
SmokingJake

SmokingJake-

There are some great posts on Pulled Pork in the pork forum that you should take a look at to get ideas about rubs and sauces. Some basic tips I'll pass on though are these; Be prepared for a long smoke, depending on the size of the shoulder that you get it could take up to 22 hours to get to temp (well worth the wait though). It's a great cut for beginers as it's very forgiving. Just put on a good rub, let it come up to about 190*, rest it before pulling, then top it all off with a good finishing sauce(try SoFlaQuer's recipe for this) and you'll have success. Good Luck.

Thanks Lady J. i have had some before from a friend of mine that I worked with and if it comes out that good it will be worth the wait.

Jake

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky