Pulled Pork Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
Hoping to get some thoughts on this. I am smoking another pork butt roast today. I want to make pulled pork and then freeze it to be consumed next weekend at a campout. I think we will probably just put it in a crock pot with sauce and slow cook it at the campground. I am wondering if I should still use the finishing sauce that is sooooo good. If so, should I add it before freezing or wait till we are ready to prepare it and then add the finishing sauce. :?
Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated..

Steve

Morning Steve, I have some pulled pork in the freezer that I'll be thawing out for Supper today. I didn't think to add any Finishing Sauce to it before freezing, so I'll add it later to the frozen pulled pork and to the butt that I'm doing now.

If you have the means to make the sauce and take it with you, that's the route I would go. Just not sure how the sauce would take to freezing without affecting the taste.

Thanks Dutch,
I think you are right. Freezing with the sauce on might hurt the great flavor it gives. I think I will do the same. Take some of the sauce with me and add it to the pot before cooking...

Steve

I did that just this past weekend. I smoked a butt last Saturday, pulled and froze in a zip bag. I thawed on Thursday, and reheated Friday afternoon in an aluminum foil pan covered with more foil at 250 F for about 2 1/2 hours. I put SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce on just before I served. It worked out well. The crock pot should also work.

Hope this helps.

Have fun, and do good!

Meowey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky