Pulled Pork for open house

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Pioneer51

Original poster
Apr 17, 2018
Croswell, MI
Hello all i posted on the pork page.lol but i figured i would ask here also
I have been asked to do a open house serving about 250-300 people. PP will not be the only meat they will be serving chicken and meat balls form a local deli. I'm figuring from what i got from the help here i'm going to need at least 100 lbs raw. I have 2 vertical box type smokers so i think i cant get a lot on at a time. The party is on saturday and i could start smoking Friday. Im not sure if i start Friday and wrap them in pans and put them in hot boxes until saturday at 3 when they want to start serving. Or do you think do them the weekend before and freeze or will they stay good in the refrigerator for a week and reheat the next weekend. thanks for the advise

You have a time frame here takes a long cooking time to do PP. I usually do 3 PP sandwiches to a LB of finished PP. Storage can be done in the frig if properly cooled before placing in the frig. It should be fine for a week kept at temperature 35 degrees or lower.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky