Pulled Pork butt for dinner tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovethemeats

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 17, 2015
Michigan
While at the store during the week I came across a pork butt from Smithfield. I'd be lying if I said i got it at a good price. With whats going on. The stores by me are select on what you might find.
So I figured on doing some pulled pork for dinner. Wasn't a big one. Weight was just 6.04lbs. Wednesday evening I put the rub on it and back in the fridge. Thursday night I injected the butt with a combo apple butter/ apple juice and back in the fridge again for a couple hours. Late Thursday night I got the pellets going and into my pellet fire box. Loaded up the pan with ice and cold smoked for about 3 hrs before adding the heat. Meat came out great. Really tasty. Found buns by King Hawaiian brand. They say hambuger bun. But in my opinion they are bigger than a slider but smaller than a regular hambuger bun. Condiments this time were sautéed sweet onions and portobello mushrooms. Also picked up some slaw and a bottle of sweet onion vinaigrette to go with it. Decided to go this route instead of my normal BBQ sauce method. Very glad I did. Going different was a good choice. Pellets were apple. The firebox I added to to slide was made by a friend of mine couple years back. Only change that I did was increase the intake for fresh air. Unit works great. Lots of room to help cool the smoke down. So anyways. Here is what was ate today for dinner.
20200513_122634.jpg
20200513_122642.jpg
20200514_232206.jpg
20200515_170703.jpg
20200515_165241.jpg
20200515_165308.jpg

I've got 2 of these I'm dying to smoke soon. Yours looks great. Very nice.

Cool looking firebox with the bowtie (I'm an old bowtie guy)

Great Sammies & Fries, LTM!!!
The onions are done just the way I like them too!
Nice Job!
Like.
BTW: My Dad used to buy Chevies & most of them smoked, but it wasn't Thin Blue.

Bear

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Those look great, thanks for sharing! I like the idea if not using BBQ sauce. Those buns look great, and the 'shoots and sautéed onions are perfect!

Everything looks awesome! Never had pulled pork with onions and mushrooms. But I love both, and yours sounds really good.

Like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky