Pulled Pork & Brisket Tamales! My First Ever Attempt!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So much amazing info in here! Thank you! I have added all these tips/thoughts/processes to my notes! Pig's head is on my list too.

Some Cast iron reheat with some sauce and cheese would be great and make @tx smoker happy too! haha.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I'll be making my big batch hopefully this weekend for storage.
Tamales freeze great, I don't even vacuum seal them I freeze them in a Ziploc freezer bag lots of a dozen.
I found a bag that I forgot about 6 months after I made them, and they were still awesome with a little
Las Palmas sauce over them. I like the hot but my German wife likes the medium best, so I just add some hot Texas Pete sauce to mine. Add a small green salad and some quick pickled red onion some Spanish rice and refried beans with a blob of Mexican sour cream and some Cotija cheese crumbled over everything and you have a great Mexican meal that people will freak out over.
Just add some Cabo Wabo Blanco tequila, some lime wedges, some salt and some ice cold Corona....not that Corona:emoji_anguished: and you're set up with some great party fixin's.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

1590723343945.png

Tamales freeze great, I don't even vacuum seal them I freeze them in a Ziploc freezer bag lots of a dozen.
I found a bag that I forgot about 6 months after I made them, and they were still awesome with a little
Las Palmas sauce over them. I like the hot but my German wife likes the medium best, so I just add some hot Texas Pete sauce to mine. Add a small green salad and some quick pickled red onion some Spanish rice and refried beans with a blob of Mexican sour cream and some Cotija cheese crumbled over everything and you have a great Mexican meal that people will freak out over.
Just add some Cabo Wabo Blanco tequila, some lime wedges, some salt and some ice cold Corona....not that Corona:emoji_anguished: and you're set up with some great party fixin's.:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

View attachment 447454

giphy.gif

That all sounds amazing! I can see that plate of food in my head!

Hopefully I'll be busy this weekend making some more up, with some good meals to follow.

Thanks for the ideas/tips!

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky