Pulled Chuck Roast (Sous Vide)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow Bear, that is some fine looking down-home comfort food right there my friend. Well done...as always sir :emoji_wink:

Robert

I will have no fear doing this to some of the Chuckies I get pretty cheap from time to time at Aldis... ez pezy

Thank You Eagle!!
Give it a try---You'll love it !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Some good eats right there John.

Point for sure

Chris
Thank You Chris!
And for the Like.

Bear

Three nights of awesome! Great looking meals Bear!
Thank You Jed!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Very nice Bear! This is on my to do list but like you said I am not paying the current prices for a chuckie. Have you ever done pulled pork in the SV? If so what cut and time/temp? SV is great for the week nights when there is no time to do a proper smoke.
Thank You Cliff!!
I've never tried SV Pulled Pork, but I'm sure it's great, if you get the Time & Temp nailed down. I would probably start with nice pieces of a Butt, and maybe even some CSRs. And I'd probably start with 165° for 8 or 12 hours, & go from there.
Hmmm---Got me Thinking now!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Jed!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Cliff!!
I've never tried SV Pulled Pork, but I'm sure it's great, if you get the Time & Temp nailed down. I would probably start with nice pieces of a Butt, and maybe even some CSRs. And I'd probably start with 165° for 8 or 12 hours, & go from there.
Hmmm---Got me Thinking now!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Will do. I have done CSRs in the sv but cooked enough to make them bite through and finished off with sauce under the broiler.
If I can get a 2 pack of butts I might try one in the MES and one in the SV side by side....either way it will be the first time I ever did pulled pork other than when the wife did it in a crock pot many years ago.

Will do. I have done CSRs in the sv but cooked enough to make them bite through and finished off with sauce under the broiler.
If I can get a 2 pack of butts I might try one in the MES and one in the SV side by side....either way it will be the first time I ever did pulled pork other than when the wife did it in a crock pot many years ago.
Before I had a Smoker, we used to Crock pot a lot of things, and it always seemed like a lot of flavor was cooked out from the High heat.
I don't find that with SV, I think because I can better control the Temp & Time, and it never gets anywhere near boiling, like I've seen in Crockpots.
So far I've never SV'd any meat above 165°.

Bear

A beautiful thing to see John, a beef sanny slathered in gravy, I'd be all over that! RAY
Thank You Ray!!
"Hot Roast Beef Sammy with gravy is still one of my all time favorites for most of my 73 years.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Looks great! That is some DARK gravy!!! A few questions if you don't mind. Think applying FOS beforehand made a difference? Also, do you feel you gett better results with the high temp SV over a long crock cook? Thanks in advance.
Thank You Sam!!
I think over the many years of using the Crockpot, most of the Meats were overcooked, but with the SV set for a controlled temp of 131° or 165° that doesn't happen any more. Have you ever noticed your Crockpot boiling its contents?
And yes I do think adding the FOS or BOS before sealing makes a difference.

On that Gravy, Mrs Bear makes that by using a packet of Beef Gravy mix, and adding the juices Vac sealed meat bag, in place of the plain water in the instructions. It Great!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yup, I already SV'd CSRs & finished them on the grill, but that wasn't for pulling.
I think pulling would go good from SV to Ninja, if we get the Temp right, and time.

Bear

Well, after a long hiatus from this site, chasing other pursuits, your posts about the glories of SVs integration into all the other aspects of our Q'ing "afflictions" caught my attention and has proven to be "addictive". Fortunately, I have a Restaurant Supply House that caters to us "civilians" as well as the professional trade and can get some meats on occasional sales. Last week they had eye of round 3-5 lb pieces for 3.49/lb. Considering the current market, they have the advantage. Now, thanks to this thread, I've got go over and see what they want for their chuckies. Looking forward to getting a education in a new skill.

Sidebar note: I read in your 50th Anniversary SV thread that you and your beloved's Anniversary is Dec 27. Small world: Ours is Dec 28. Going on 57 years this year.

~Dave

Just picked me up 3.5lber, gonna do this this week... 30 hours at 165° Vac pac with onion soup mix... I'll keep ya'll updated. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

THNX BC

Reactions: clifish
Well, after a long hiatus from this site, chasing other pursuits, your posts about the glories of SVs integration into all the other aspects of our Q'ing "afflictions" caught my attention and has proven to be "addictive". Fortunately, I have a Restaurant Supply House that caters to us "civilians" as well as the professional trade and can get some meats on occasional sales. Last week they had eye of round 3-5 lb pieces for 3.49/lb. Considering the current market, they have the advantage. Now, thanks to this thread, I've got go over and see what they want for their chuckies. Looking forward to getting a education in a new skill.

Sidebar note: I read in your 50th Anniversary SV thread that you and your beloved's Anniversary is Dec 27. Small world: Ours is Dec 28. Going on 57 years this year.

~Dave
Thank You Dave!!
Congrats on that 57th coming up!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You also did one at 132° for 50 hours... that was for a sliced Chuckie and not a pulled chuckie??? That sliced chuckie thread of yours also looks
amazing.gif

You also did one at 132° for 50 hours... that was for a sliced Chuckie and not a pulled chuckie??? That sliced chuckie thread of yours also looks View attachment 631540
Yup that's a real good one!! Actually 46 to 50 hours is Great for sliced Chucky.
Most Chuckies turn out Great with only 30 hours, but there are the occasional tough ones that need at least 46 hours to get Tender, like Prime Rib.
The problem is you don't know ahead of time which ones they are, so it's best to treat them all as being one of the Tough ones.

Bear

Reactions: eaglewing
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky