Propane ran out during cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
At just the right time! I like a little moo left in my beef ! Different size patties for different size buns!
20230324_194055.jpg
20230324_194348.jpg
20230324_192421.jpg

Little too much moo for me in ground beef.
Was this before or after the slider cook?
I have so many LP tanks, but only keep the 30 #er's filled.
Also have the steak saver adapter to use a 1#er
Same here. They look great otherwise. I'm a firm med rare to med well on burgers. Unless I grind my own from good cuts.
And., I had to google the steak saver attachment. Never heard of it. And. Well. I guess you can figure how that went!! In the Amazon cart.

If the juice is still flowing and the nerves are still twitching then I'm a happy camper. The burgers look fine to me.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Looks great, I learned to keep a spare tank filled, my 36 stayed hungry, my 17" is miserly
I had 2 more full ones , I just didn't feel the need the switch it out that close to the finish line!

Little too much moo for me in ground beef.
Was this before or after the slider cook?
I have so many LP tanks, but only keep the 30 #er's filled.
Also have the steak saver adapter to use a 1#er
Yes, this was Friday nights meal, so before the sliders. I have an adapter, basically the opposite for my my Lil buddy heater to hook a big tank too it. My son has the Blackstone 17" that is setup for the 1 pounder bottles, but got the adapter to run on the big tanks also! Either way it they can and have saved a meal or 2!

Reactions: Fueling Around
If the juice is still flowing and the nerves are still twitching then I'm a happy camper. The burgers look fine to me.

Point for sure
Chris
No one seemed to mind, hell if I hadn't taken a bite out of mine out in the shed, i wouldn't have gotten any by the time I came back inside from cleaning the griddle! Lol

Reactions: gmc2003
Yes, this was Friday nights meal, so before the sliders. I have an adapter, basically the opposite for my my Lil buddy heater to hook a big tank too it. My son has the Blackstone 17" that is setup for the 1 pounder bottles, but got the adapter to run on the big tanks also! Either way it they can and have saved a meal or 2!
I have that adapter, too with a 6" hose with the 1" disposable connections.
I have a slide in truck camper with a horizontal 20 #er that most places don't like to fill as it doesn't have OFP and they're not exempt anymore. I attach the steak saver to the camper whip hose, use the 6' hose to connect to the 30 #er on the ground with the otherway adapter.
Should just get a 6' whip hose, but don't use the camper much anymore. The new approved horizontals don't fit in the cubby.
I use that hose, filter, and adapter on my buddy heater or my Blackstone or my old Coleman Roadtrip grill. Use the filter. Buddy (pun intended) learned the hard way that an older hose will plug the orifice on the heater or other gas appliance.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
And., I had to google the steak saver attachment. Never heard of it. And. Well. I guess you can figure how that went!! In the Amazon cart.
You are very welcome Steve. In the slim chance you run out of LP in the RV, it may save a meal or keep the water hot so wife can get a hot shower. I carried at least a 2 pack of the 1 #ers every time we went in the truck camper. They fit the roadtrip grill (or your Blackstone) when the water heater was running and I was trying to cook a meal. It only takes once and happy wife, you know the rest.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky