Propane grill/smoker combo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phogaboam

Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Hi All,

I'm looking for a propane grill that will also do a good job of smoking. I live in a condo with a balcony, so smaller is better. Got a family of 4 but the kids are pretty young, so I won't be needing to upsize until they are much older. What's worth looking at? Would like to keep it below $500 but also want something that will last a good 7 years or so.

You can add a smoker box (woodchip box) to pretty much any propane grill you buy. Even easier if your grill has those tented style "flavorizer bars" as Weber calls them you get a box that is wedge shaped on the bottom and fits right into the the gap in the bars. Just heat the burner under the box and cook on the opposite side for indirect heat. If you want to go a little bigger, Lowe's has an exclusive model of the Napoleon Rogue XT grill right now that is selling for $799 in stainless and has an integrated smoker box. It's a 4-burner though and that may be too bog for what you're looking for right now. I was grill shopping the other day and nearly pulled the trigger on one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky