Probably My Best Chicken Ever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
I have not had good chicken leg quarters since I lived in NC. We used to get them all the time from local church fundraisers. Anyhow I saw them on sale and had to give them a try. Added some grilled corn and salad.

Corn was coated with olive oil and Mad Dog and Merrill Healthy Harvest rub. On the Recteq for 30 minutes at 250. Then put on for 5 minutes at end to warm back up.

For the chicken leg quarters, Mad Dog and Merrill UP Nort Peppery rub. I put the chicken on the Recteq at 250 for 45 minutes. Then cranked up the RT to 350. I basted chicken with Killer Hogs Vinegar Sauce and flipped every 5 minutes to 30 minutes.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpeg
    thumbnail (1).jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 142
  • thumbnail (3).jpeg
    thumbnail (3).jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 142
  • thumbnail (2).jpeg
    thumbnail (2).jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 140
Looks awesome ! Always a great feeling when you nail it!

Ryan

Looks really good from over here.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice work . Like said they look great , and not that easy to do . Summer time for sure !

That is some really nice looking bird parts and bird feed for sure. I think I would eat all that by myself!

It
Oh man that looks good
It really tasted as good as it looked. Thanks for the compliment.
Great looking meal. I especially like your glass! Freedom is something that so many today have taken for granted. Nice job!
My favorite glass. Unfortunately you are right about taking it for granted.
Looks bomb bud. Always a good feeling to say " best ever"!
You got that right about the feeling when you nail it. I have learned so much from this site and it really has expanded my cooking.

Chick legs and bbq corn, now that is summer right there . Oh yes and a salad

David
Thanks! Had to have something healthy this weekend😁
Looks really good from over here.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks, the color really came out better than I ever imagined.
Awesome looking legs!
The whole meal looks delicious!
Al
Thanks Al, was definitely the best meal over the holiday.
Looks BEST to me. Dude that's hard to do so congrats!!!
Awesome plate.
Thanks, your right, can drop the probably.

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky