Pro Series Smoker Model #3.5DW- hang or on trays

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keitht2

Original poster
Nov 18, 2023
I ordered the Pro Series 3.5 DW. It comes with trays. I'm not sure about the pros and cons of hanging meat vs laying them on trays. But if I wanted to hang meat like snack sticks, how best to do it in these units? Wood dowels? Aluminum conduit? Something else? I do not believe they come with anything to hang stuff from.

Wood dowels?
That's what I use .
20231025_132621.jpg
Made the hanging rack to work with the inside dimensions of my smoker .
That way I can go to and from the smoker on the smoke sticks .
20231025_140618.jpg

Do you believe hanging them is better than laying them on trays?
You've got 2 threads going on the same subject . That always gets confusing and hard to follow , so I'll just say it depends . I do it both ways .

chops has a great looking systems set up and it is a model to emulate. SI does sell hanging racks. They are pricey and made of stainless steel. I would avoid using aluminum conduit. Clean bar stock is another option. Here is the link to the SI hangers:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky