Pro 2300 wont auto seal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinjoe52

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids IA
My Weston 2300 suddenly will not auto seal. Still works fine if I hit the MANUAL seal button. I have ordered replacement foam seals thinking there is a small ingress of air that prevents it from reaching it's auto seal vacuum level, but have a sneaky suspicion that is not the problem. Has anybody had this issue, and what was the resolution?
TIA
Joe

Joe, Old Sarge - Thanks for information. My Cabela's unit is doing the same thing. Bought the Inkbird vacuum sealer back in Jan 2021 to augment my Cabela's sealer. FYI - Amazon has a good deal on the INK-VS01 unit, same cost as the one I purchased; List Price: $69.99 Price: $54.99 & Prime/free Returns and a 30% extra savings with the coupon. Amazon.com: Inkbird Vacuum Sealer, Automatic PowerVac Compact Air Sealing Machine for Food Preservation, Dry&Moist Sealing Modes, Built-in Cutter, Easy Cleaning Stainless Steel Panel, Led Indicator Lights for Vertical Storage: Kitchen & Dining For that price, I figure I could buy one a year and still stay ahead of the game. 🍻

My Weston 2300 suddenly will not auto seal. Still works fine if I hit the MANUAL seal button. I have ordered replacement foam seals thinking there is a small ingress of air that prevents it from reaching it's auto seal vacuum level, but have a sneaky suspicion that is not the problem. Has anybody had this issue, and what was the resolution?
TIA
Joe
If during your wait for seals, take old ones out and wash with warm soapy water and allow to dry completely. This will bring new life to some seals. Hope that is our only issue. Like sarge said, circuit board otherwise.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Is the pressure switch on the pump assembly or the main board? I would check for loose connections between the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: sawhorseray
If it is not the foam seals, hitting the MANUAL button is not really that burdensome. :emoji_blush:I might try to contact WESTON. I'm not sure what their customer service is like these days.

TIA
Joe
I had the exact same problem. There is a vacuum pressure sensor on the board. It has a star screw in the middle. you can adjust in or out. I started backing out the screw a little at a time while sealing an item(any item) until it shut off automatically. Tested for over 2 hours and works like a charm. You have to adjust a little at a time. As a matter of fact it now creates a vacuum quicker and more solid.

I had the exact same problem. There is a vacuum pressure sensor on the board. It has a star screw in the middle. you can adjust in or out. I started backing out the screw a little at a time while sealing an item(any item) until it shut off automatically. Tested for over 2 hours and works like a charm. You have to adjust a little at a time. As a matter of fact it now creates a vacuum quicker and more solid.
Hi, I had tried that and it did not change the symptoms. Went slowly from one end to the other. I finally resolved the issue by taking the pressure sensor and solenoid assembly apart and cleaning. It worked the first time I re-assembled and has worked ever since. Weird. I did not replace anything except the PTFE tapes and the foam seals. Works like new. I had resigned myself to manual sealing, but no problems now.

Reactions: SRK
Hi, I had tried that and it did not change the symptoms. Went slowly from one end to the other. I finally resolved the issue by taking the pressure sensor and solenoid assembly apart and cleaning. It worked the first time I re-assembled and has worked ever since. Weird. I did not replace anything except the PTFE tapes and the foam seals. Works like new. I had resigned myself to manual sealing, but no problems now.
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Mine is running better than ever now also. Seals faster and better than ever. Spare parts are getting harder to find though. I try to keep spares of the tape, heating element, sensor, (20 pistons, and tubing. These sealers are the best and so damned rebuildable. Good to keep spare parts on hand in case China gets mad at "sleepy Joe".

I'm having the exact same issue. Where is the pressure sensor and solenoid assembly located?

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind. Mine is running better than ever now also. Seals faster and better than ever. Spare parts are getting harder to find though. I try to keep spares of the tape, heating element, sensor, (20 pistons, and tubing. These sealers are the best and so damned rebuildable. Good to keep spare parts on hand in case China gets mad at "sleepy Joe".
This fix worked for me. Turned the screw to the right and it fixed it perfectly. BTW, I reached out to Weston Customer Service, including two follow-ups. Finally, after several weeks they responded with "take it to a repair shop". The only downside is now i don't need to buy the VacMaster VP215 chamber vac that I had my eyes on :-)

What in the world does 'NEED' got to do with this? :emoji_sunglasses:
Fair point - other than I need the $1000 bucks one of those suckers would set me back to buy more meat. BTW, here is the star screw in question on my machine.
1678382327023.png

smokin'joe52, you're brilliant! Thanks for sharing. That fixed my problem and saved me a bunch of money. Thank you from Edmonton, Alberta!

This fix worked for me. Turned the screw to the right and it fixed it perfectly. BTW, I reached out to Weston Customer Service, including two follow-ups. Finally, after several weeks they responded with "take it to a repair shop". The only downside is now i don't need to buy the VacMaster VP215 chamber vac that I had my eyes on :-)
I just bought a used pro 2300 and same thing, automatic mode did not work. I found this thread and tried it. Working like new. Remove top control panel. 7 screws in rear 2 screws in front. Lift off panel & slowly adjust Torx screw. Easy fix

What parts would you suggest having on hand or replacing. My machine HAS to be 10 years old minimum and have not replaced anything . My auto seal quit working and will try this fix. The foam is stiff and needs replacing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky