PRIME RIB (New Best Ever!!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They turned out great! I cut them into individual ribs, wrapped them in foil with all of the fat and liquid I saved. 210 degrees for 2 hours, and then brought them in, brushed on some sauce and finished them on a hot grill. They disappeared fast!!

Thanks for all your advice!

They turned out great! I cut them into individual ribs, wrapped them in foil with all of the fat and liquid I saved. 210 degrees for 2 hours, and then brought them in, brushed on some sauce and finished them on a hot grill. They disappeared fast!!

Thanks for all your advice!
That's Great !!
icon14.gif

Always glad when I can help!

Bear

@Bearcarver. Big high five for the recipe for the prime rib. Cooked it on my pit barrel and was excellent. I picked up a smaller 3 rib one that was 50% off at Albertsons and when I got to check out there was another 50% so I went back and got the two big cryovac ones. They started off at $270 and ended up be less than $50 a piece. They must have messed up. Expiration dates where still real good. They are in the freezer waiting. Excellent advice on the temperature. It was perfection!!

@Bearcarver. Big high five for the recipe for the prime rib. Cooked it on my pit barrel and was excellent. I picked up a smaller 3 rib one that was 50% off at Albertsons and when I got to check out there was another 50% so I went back and got the two big cryovac ones. They started off at $270 and ended up be less than $50 a piece. They must have messed up. Expiration dates where still real good. They are in the freezer waiting. Excellent advice on the temperature. It was perfection!!
Glad to hear it came out Great !!

Congrats on the score on those PRs too!!

Bear

Followed your advice here for our Christmas Prime Rib and it turned out great, thanks for posting this! Pulled it at 133 and it coasted to 140 after 30 minutes in foil, which was a bit too done for us. I'll probably pull it at 125 or 127 next time (another roast is waiting in the freezer.)

Followed your advice here for our Christmas Prime Rib and it turned out great, thanks for posting this! Pulled it at 133 and it coasted to 140 after 30 minutes in foil, which was a bit too done for us. I'll probably pull it at 125 or 127 next time (another roast is waiting in the freezer.)

Thank You!!
Glad you liked it.
I'm thinking you used a higher Smoker Temp than I do, because I use 220° Smoker Temp, and mine only Carries-Over (coasts) between 1° and 3°, after killing the Heat.
The higher temp you smoke it at, the more it will carry-over.

Bear

Thank You!!
Glad you liked it.
I'm thinking you used a higher Smoker Temp than I do, because I use 220° Smoker Temp, and mine only Carries-Over (coasts) between 1° and 3°, after killing the Heat.
The higher temp you smoke it at, the more it will carry-over.

Bear
I was paying close attention to the temp and taking notes along the way, there was one time the wind picked up and the SB temp spiked up to 275 for about 30 minutes, but closing the billows brought it back down to 220. Other than that 30 minute period, it was between 210 and 220.

I checked my notes and I actually let it rest in foil for 45 minutes as I waited for sides to be ready. Maybe the extra 15 minutes? Oh well, no worries. I'm comfortable knowing what I need to adjust for the next smoke, thanks in large part to your guidance!

It made for a tasty breakfast this morning, too! :)

Bear the "new best ever" sucked me right in. I'm all over this since I'm fixing to spin a prime rib this weekend.

2011 post just keeps on nine years later. The pics of this prime are a thing of beauty. I'm shooting for the same with mine.

Bear the "new best ever" sucked me right in. I'm all over this since I'm fixing to spin a prime rib this weekend.

2011 post just keeps on nine years later. The pics of this prime are a thing of beauty. I'm shooting for the same with mine.

Thank You Randy!!
I sopped putting "Best Ever" and "New Best Ever", but they just kept on being better than earlier Prime Ribs. It gets kind of ridiculous saying "New Best Ever" each time, even when it's true!!
And Thanks for the Like.
BTW: Spinning should be Awesome!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky