Prime Rib Chili Stuffed Baked Taters (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn Robert you nailed it on that one! That chili looks outstanding and that baked potato looks even better. We usually stuff them with leftover PP and then add the same toppings but I think this needs to change! That was one beautiful looking roast too. Cant wait to see you cook up the rest of it.

Congrats on the carousel ride my friend! Well deserving to say the least!

Good use of the scraps Robert! That chili looks really hearty and inviting. Even more satisfying with a potato, I’m stuffed looking at it.

Thank you Joe. Yep, I had to agree with Tracy on that one. Prime rib chili is kinda hard to beat, then add it to the tater and it's exceptional.

Did you cook up one of those tomahawks up yet!?

Not yet but it''s in the forefront of my deviant little cranium. Believe me, after a long long time looking for these, I'm ready to drop them on the grill.

Robert

Great looking taters. Im with you 100% on the butter. I like lots of butter on my potatoes even if they are getting loaded with other stuff. Now I'm hungry for a loaded potato! Lol

Agree 100% about the butter. Some things just need to have it. Maybe you need to dig through the freezer, find some yummy leftovers, and get some taters going. so many different things you can do to them.

Now that's a great chili...prime rib yummm!

And to top a baked potato with it and all the fixins, hawg heaven. :emoji_thumbsup:

BIG LIKE!!

I wanted to do prime rib in a chili and Sue said no way it's too darn good to put it into anything, it needs top stand on it's own.

John

Thanks so much my friend, for the comments and the LIKE. I'd tend to agree with Sue about the prime rib but with those "scraps" there wasn't much to stand up. All they wold be good for is soup, maybe a sandwich...or possibly a pot of chili. You certainly couldn't grill them and eat them like a roast.

Robert, Now that's the way to make Chili!!! Using ground beef is just a fancy hot-dog sauce. Well Done...

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris. I tend to agree but it won't be often that I have prime rib scraps for chili making...unless I can get a bunch of SMF folks to come visit and we tear up these roasts and I keep ordering them :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks damn good from here !!

Thanks Gator!! Tasted pretty damned good from here also.

Chili looks great Robert! Love sour cream on mine too. Man those tomahawks are gonna be money. Make sure to post that cook up!

I go through more sour cream than should be allowed by law. It gets used a LOT around here.

Rest assured, I will be "in the money" pretty soon. Tracy wanted me to re-create the New Years tomahawk meal I did for our Navy guests but now she's really pushing me. We just need to find a couple folks to come help us eat a dinner like that. Do you know anybody who'd be interested in coming to dinner?

Some good looking taters but man those tomahawks keep catching my eye!

Thank you. They caught my eye a LONG time ago when I started researching meat for dry again but I couldn't find them. Now they have not just my eye but my full and undivided attention

Robert

want to share the chili recipe? Meal looks great, and the upcoming should be as well.

Absolutely. Here ya go

1 lb. Good quality ground beef
3 cups strained or crushed tomatoes
1 10 oz can Ro Tel tomatoes with habanero
1 15 oz can black beans rinsed (or kidney beans)
½ cup beef broth*
¾ cup chopped onion
¼ cup chopped celery
3 T finely chopped bell pepper
4 T chili powder
½ t cumin
1 t garlic powder
1 ½ t salt
½ t black pepper
¼ t oregano
¼ t sugar
1/8 t cayenne
½ t coriander

-Brown beef in large pot or Dutch oven
-Add all ingredients
-Smoke for 3 to 4 hours on low heat until vegetables are soft.**
-Serve garnished with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions

*This was used to thin down the chili as it was very thick. If at desired consistency this can be omitted

**If you do not have a smoker, add 1 t liquid hickory smoke and cook on stove

First time I made this I drained the beef after it browned but did not the second time. The juices from browning the beef really helped out the flavor. Another thought I had was to possible add a couple teaspoons, maybe even a tablespoon, of smoked Spanish paprika. I'll give this a shot next time i make it. Paprika would probably add another nice dimension to the chili. If you notice though, there are quite a few ingredients but they are all simple things that you probably already have in your fridge or pantry.

Enjoy, several other folks have,
Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Another WOW from me Robert!
You have been killing it lately!

Thank you Al!! I've also been having a really good time. Seems as though I'm regularly coming up with new and creative stuff, and this was one of them. I honestly did not plan to post this but I shared the chili recipe with a forum friend, she made it, and had leftovers also. She mentioned not knowing exactly what to do with them so I sent her pics of these taters. She replied that I needed to post this because it's different, fun, and easy to do. She thought others might enjoy a different take on stuffed taters so she talked me into posting it. I also have pics of dinner last night tha has some really creative stuff done which would be nice to share but I'm hesitant to post it right now. Don't want folks to think I'm posting every meal I make :emoji_wink:

Robert

We usually stuff them with leftover PP and then add the same toppings but I think this needs to change!

We do PP also, but a bunch of others too.
-Turkey, broccoli, and cheddar
-Bacon and mac & cheese
-Brisket
-Chuck roast
-Ham and cheese

etc, etc...

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky